There are few words to explain Latitude 10! In a country with such diversity of physical beauty and levels of service, this tops the list! All anyone needs to really know is that with only five bungalows, you rarely encounter your fellow guests and relaxation is the activity! Sure you can surf here, there are the typical Costa Rican activities like guided jungle treks and zip lining nearby, but you really go to Latitude 10 to do nothing. This is where you unwind, receive a massage on the tree-top balcony, read a long book on the desolate beaches, and enjoy your meals virtually alone with your travel companion. If you ever dreamed of having a private chef this is a really great place to experience it. I was stunned that most meals were enjoyed in a fabulously decorated main house with no one around! During our stay the other bungalows were occupied, but very rarely did we see a soul. Each meal was delicious, however we did eat several off the property and there are very nice options throughout the town. Though we had a car which was beneficial, a couple that was staying at the hotel did not and had no trouble with taxis.
We were here during a heat wave however this never had a negative impact on our stay. The bungalow had a fan, which we did use at night, though we could have survived without it. the main house and beach were very comfortable at all times.
I would stress that this is not the hotel for everyone, just the location in Santa Theresa, many would find inconvenient. The bungalows, with no walls or screens and the outdoor bathroom is an adjustment - but all this makes the vacation so pleasantly memorable, so high on our travel "best list," and something we wish all our friends and family would try as this was a TRUE vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed yet classy atmosphere. Latitude 10 is part of the Cayuga Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels and Lodges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort Costa Rica/Santa Teresa