The bungalows are nice and seem relatively new. The grounds are well kept with a small but nice pool. The staff is extremely helpful and quite pleasant. It was not busy while we were there, so I don't know what it would be like during the high season (if there is one). The town is linear, along the only road in & out. The main draw back is the road. It is miserable & dusty (repeat dusty) in the dry season. It is not pleasant to walk around town, especially during the day when cars and trucks are flying by. The road definitely detracts from the charm of the place. At night it's a bit more tolerable because there are less cars. Good news; you can always walk along the beach! This is a fairly remote place...a gem for surfing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Santa Teresa-Mal Pais Beach, one of the most virgin and beautiful regions! Endless miles of soft, white sand beach perfect for swimming and surfing. The hotel offers ten marvelous, independent and private villas. All villas have their own terrace with garden view, bathroom, hot water and safety box. Other exquisite elements are the teak chairs, the furniture and the deck of the villa made out of precious woods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Esencia Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esencia Hotel And Villas
- Esencia Hotel Santa Teresa
- Esencia Hotel & Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa