Stayed here for 3 nights, it's a step-up from a hostel, so it is worth about $50 or so a night, not $100+. Make sure you stay in a stand-alone cabin, not in the on the rooms that is in the big building at the end of the property. We were in the big building and I can attest that you can hear everything your neighbor does.
Random issues we had - broken AC, gigantic ants coming out of toilet into room, millipedes in the bed, and a breakfast service that came only half the time. Breakfast is terrible too - stale bread and cereal, bad coffee (in costa rica!)
Not good, stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Santa Teresa-Mal Pais Beach, one of the most virgin and beautiful regions! Endless miles of soft, white sand beach perfect for swimming and surfing. The hotel offers ten marvelous, independent and private villas. All villas have their own terrace with garden view, bathroom, hot water and safety box. Other exquisite elements are the teak chairs, the furniture and the deck of the villa made out of precious woods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Esencia Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esencia Hotel And Villas
- Esencia Hotel Santa Teresa
- Esencia Hotel & Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa