“Great Hotel For Surfers”

Beach Break Surf Hotel
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
East Coast USA
“Great Hotel For Surfers”
Reviewed August 14, 2008

Clean hotel with a great location. Its right in front of a great surf spot, and there are great resturaunts and bars within walking distance. The staff is great as well, and there rates are definetly reasonable. Highly recomended.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
LA
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Beach Break Hotel Rocks! Its right in the middle of town and the staff is so friendly and helpful. It has all the ammenities of a fancy hotel without the high price. This was hands down one of my best experiences in Costa Rica.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank travelingpantsLa
eugene, or
Reviewed July 28, 2008

This was the most amazing trip yet to Costa Rica! i would highly recommend Beach Break Hotel to anyone interested in terrific lodging in the middle of paradise. The manager Suzy is amazingly friendly and full of tips on fun things to do and see while staying in the area. There are amenities such as a/c, a fridge, a tv with dvd player, a sweet balcony for every room and hot showers. The price is extremely reasonable and there is also a safe in each room for security. It is located just a few minutes walk from the most breathtaking white sand beach. You can surf awesome waves and meet all kinds of fascinating travelers from around the world. I loved it so much that i returned to the exact same spot just 2 months later.
I can not wait to get back to Santa Teresa and stay at my favorite hotel!!

• Liked — perfect location, super friendly staff, quality accomodations
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 1, 2008

I just got back from a trip to CR with my girlfriend and stayed at the Beach Break for a night. This was the most disappointing part or the entire trip without question!

We rented a small house that is just up the driveway from the hotel. Altough they advertise it as having a kitchen, I wouldn't even consider preparing food there it was so filthy. There was literally a layer of dirt coating the "kitchen", which was nothing more than an unclean sink and refrigerator and a two burner PROPANE stove. Yes, propane, ie, not safe to burn indoors, unless you're looking for a little carbon monoxide poisoning on your trip.

The shower was supposed to be hot, but was nowhere near hot. Besides, most of the water coming out of the broken shower head sprayed all over the nearby wall and then all over the bathroom floor (which could have used some cleaning anyways). The floor, including in the shower, was so dirty that we had to wear flip flops even in the shower. When I tried adjusting the broken shower head I got an electrical shock! The shower head was being held together with electrical tape that was completely saturated from the water spraying everywhere.

Already disgusted with this place, I went to use the bathroom sink and saw there was a large clump of hair in the drain. At that point I wasn't surprised in any way.

We found ants in the entire place, so shoes were a must no matter what. Fortunately they didn't get into the bed with us.

I am perfectly comfortable living the "backpacker" or hostel lifestyle while travelling, but this place was worse than any hostel I've stayed at anywhere in the world! The worst part is that I paid the equivalent price as I would have in the US, not hostel rates!

I brought up these concerns to the Floridian manager (don't remember her name, sorry) when I was checking out the next morning. Instead of dealing with the problem or even offering a discount, she simply tore up my paperwork and stormed out of the office.

I definitely recommend visiting Santa Teresa but there are plenty of places to stay nearby. DO NOT stay at the Beach Break!!!

• Liked — Nothing positive about this experience
  • Disliked — Dirty hostel conditions with the price of an American hotel.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
7 Thank wistraveler8
Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2007

Being new parents to a 7-month old son, my husband and I needed to get away from Texas for some fun in the sun and relaxation. It so happened we discovered both at Costa Rica’s brand new treasure, The Beach Break Surf Hotel.

Beach Break’s staff was unconditionally accommodating, friendly, and very knowledgeable of the area, which was a plus being our first time in Costa Rica…Not to mention how well they take pride in the hotel, everything was impeccably spotless and the aroma throughout was of the fresh local flowers.

For as little as $70 a night, we stayed in one of the cabinas that came with a full kitchen, ceramic tile flooring, internet accessibility, and YES, air conditioning! Although there were restaurants just around the corner, my husband and I enjoyed utilizing our cabina's kitchen and added a little home cooking to the vacation with seafood, fruits, and vegetables bought from the nearby fresh markets. Our bathroom had hot water too, which was nice for the numerous soothing baths taken after our long day of surfing, horseback or bicycle riding, and strolling along Santa Teresa Beach. Being able to make international calls from the hotel, we stayed in touch with our family, friends, and especially our “little one” at home.

All in all, our experience at Beach Break Surf Hotel was above and beyond awesome and the staff treated us like family! My husband and I will most definitely recommend it to anyone vacationing in Costa Rica!

• Liked — Our overall experience
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank TXJINJA
los angeles, ca
Reviewed July 14, 2007

Beach Break hotel met all my expectations and went even beyond! I usually dont get involved with online reviews but after the wonderful hospitality my family and I recv'd - I felt it was the least to do.

This is a brand new hotel that is well furnished and equipped with a/c and a private bathroom in each room. Walk to the beach where many come to surf and theres 2 great restaurants there as well. The staff is very friendly and informative which helped make for an even better stay! Oh - the price was great compared to others I found online.

I look forward to going back Beach Break hotel in a few years. I'm usually picky and after our wonderful experience there the least I can do is share the experience with others. Check them out online [--] - I cant wait to go back myself!! Thanks guys for the wonderful hospitality.

• Liked — well furnished
  • Disliked — n/a