All reviewssushi nightnachospura vidacosta ricalight sleepercool guystropical birdsgreat accommodationplace to staythe main roadmosquito netyoga studiocommunal kitchenenjoyed my stayno hot waterminute walk to the beachprivate bathroom
Reviewed July 4, 2018

My friends and I spent a week at funky monkey and had such an amazing time. Right from the get go the staff greeted us like family and made us feel so welcome. They went above and beyond at every opportunity to make sure we had a great time. The lodge has a strong community vibe and everyone is super nice. We did the surf and yoga retreat package and everything about it was great. We stayed in a shared cabin and loved it. The beds were comfortable and each bed has a bug net and a fan to keep you cool at night. There are lockers available in the cabins but we never once felt our possessions were unsafe. Our cabin also had a deck with a hammock that overlooked the jungle (and a mango tree!). The lodge is about 60 metres off the main road with all the restaurants and shops, which runs parallel to the beach. Super close to everything but you still get the experience of staying in the jungle. The other amazing thing about this place is that the food is outstanding! Before I came I was worried about getting sick from food, but you don't have to worry about that AT ALL at Funky Monkey. The kitchen staff are all professionally trained chefs and handle the food with care (and style). All our meals were amazing, but my favourites were the banana pancakes and sushi night - yum!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2018

I went for a one week yoga retreat and after staying in Funky Monkey Lodge, I decided to extend my trip for two months. I felt in love with the place, a beautiful spot in the middle of the jungle but very close to the beach. The first night I was welcomed by a family of howler monkeys. But its true treasure is the beautiful crew of people and other travellers that work and live there! I'm so grateful and happy for choosing this lodge, and I definetly recommend it!

Room Tip: I would recommend to stay in the bungalows. Open space, very well ventilated, and a confy hammack in the balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

It was wonderful and just what we needed as a ten year anniversary! Food was excellent, yoga was super relaxing in a tropical jungle with monkey’s and the surf lessons were perfect and easy to get me up on waves! So fun and relaxing! Highly recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2018

I enjoyed an amazing week here last week. It's a friendly atmosphere where everyone feels like family. Gabi, Nacho and all of the other people who work here do their absolute best to make your stay perfect. I LOVED surfing and the open air yoga studio, and the pool... and of course the FOOD! I am so glad I chose the Funky Monkey and recommend it to anyone- single, couple, family, small group.

Room Tip: bungalo was perfect
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

Everything about this place is special. Our family (4) stayed in apartment #8 up above the kitchen/pool area. It was so extremely ideal. Big, spacious, family living. We had an ocean view where we could see monkeys an amazing birds in the treetops from our patio. The café and bar always had specials and cool music/events happening - making it so convenient to chill out after a day of surfing. Our kids loved the staff, the animals and the owners baby. It was a great trip And I’m so happy we stayed at the funky monkey.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family