I've stayed at the Funky Monkey 4 times now. It is a great place to come back to and you always meet great new friends - a great place to come to solo or with friends. The beach is a short walk away and it's nice to be up on the hill away from the busy and sometimes dusty main road. The property is gated and there is a guard at night so you always feel very safe. The bungalows are great with an open air feeling and your own little patio and hammock, and the outdoor (but private!) bathroom attached to each bungalow is awesome! I love the pool for relaxing after a morning of surfing. It's surrounded by beautiful trees and plants which of course drop some leaves into the pool sometimes. So what! They can't have someone sitting up there with a net cleaning the pool constantly all day long. Sometimes I would just net the pool myself, it's kind of relaxing. This is definitely a place for a relaxed traveler who enjoys surfing and making new friends. If you're the picky Four Seasons type, this is not the place for you. This is Costa Rica to me! And Rafa is an awesome cook, I just wish he was there more often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach lodge on a natural hill in the middle of a private jungle, away from the main street but only 200m walking from the main surfer beach, famous for its white sand and perfect waves. Great place for solo travelers, couples, families or groups. Clean and comfortable rooms with daily maid, free wireless, free and secure parking, safe place with restaurant and swimming pool. Great getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Funky Monkey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Funky Monkey Hotel Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Lodge Costa Rica/Santa Teresa