The Funky Monkey Lodge made for a wonderful temporary home for 6 of our nights in Costa Rica. We ate very well (and tried sushi for the first time!), spent quality time on our hammock and took a lot of outdoor showers. This place, although not exactly glamorous, is truly the place you want to stay at if you are coming to Costa Rica to experience the country for all that it is. If you are looking to sit in your room and watch tv with the air on, you shouldn't stay here. This country and it's people are beautiful and we believe that The Funky Monkey had a large part in helping to show us that.
We really did eat some wonderful cuisine, Nacho and Juan are wonderful chefs and the Sushi is as wonderful as they say it is. We had the opportunity to make wonderful friends at the hotel and cheer on Costa Rica during their big victory! The swimming pool was quite beautiful and it was so refreshing to swim and watch the iguanas in the trees. The beach is a five minute walk down the road and we loved watching the surfers. Our room was beautiful and well kept, we did not have any problems with large bugs and grew quite fond of the small lizards who lived on our ceiling eating up the mosquito's.
I am not a lover of humidity and so Costa Rican weather was at times challenging for me (and my hair jajajaja) so I will say that although the outdoor shower was lovely, I did wish often that I could take a cold shower. It seemed that there was one setting but this is my preference and most people prefer a hot shower. We also enjoying the open air feel of the bungalow but agreed that an upgrade on some quality mosquito nets would have been nice.
All in all, The Funky Monkey Lodge is a jewel in the rough. We loved the location, our time here and most of all, the people that grew to be friends. We hope to return again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach lodge on a natural hill in the middle of a private jungle, away from the main street but only 200m walking from the main surfer beach, famous for its white sand and perfect waves. Great place for solo travelers, couples, families or groups. Clean and comfortable rooms with daily maid, free wireless, free and secure parking, safe place with restaurant and swimming pool. Great getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Funky Monkey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Funky Monkey Hotel Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Lodge Costa Rica/Santa Teresa