Everything was lovely until I was asked to move into another room because a party of eleven was expected in the dormitory. The shared room I was placed in wasn't pleasant at all. Plain. Sad. Boring. I had planned on staying a few extra days, but decided to leave instead.
Overall, I really enjoyed my conversations with Tina (morning cook). Nacho's Mojitos (also excellent cook and extremely nice). Elio, the new receptionist is super sweet and welcoming. Besides that, I'd say Funkey Monkey is a good place to be if you're traveling with friends. However, if you're traveling alone don't expect much from your surroundings especially during low season. I did feel bored/alone once or twice and didn't know what to do with myself. I mostly made friends with the locals -- played futbol, spent hours at the beach, danced at La Lora Amarilla, and slept.
Left to Montezuma soon after I was placed in the breadbox of a room...now Montezuma is a different review. :) <3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach lodge on a natural hill in the middle of a private jungle, away from the main street but only 200m walking from the main surfer beach, famous for its white sand and perfect waves. Great place for solo travelers, couples, families or groups. Clean and comfortable rooms with daily maid, free wireless, free and secure parking, safe place with restaurant and swimming pool. Great getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Funky Monkey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Funky Monkey Hotel Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Lodge Costa Rica/Santa Teresa