After a few trips to Santa Teresa, staying at different places each time, I always want to be back at the Funky Monkey.
It's great for a few different reasons:
1) It's a little bit off the main road, which can get really dusty, but it's only a 30 second walk down to a bustling corner with a great little coffee / batido (smoothie) spot (Zwart art cafe), surf shops, market, etc. Quick walk to the beach. Good breaks are all around...
2) The bungalow rooms are really nice. They've got private patios with hammocks. Clean and comfortable.
3) The food is amazing. I've eaten all over ST and the best meals I've had have been at the Funky Monkey. Very diverse, inexpensive and delicious. Don't miss sushi night!
4) It's got a friendly, fun, casual vibe. Really nice common spaces. Everyone is really fun, friendly and welcoming.
Go! It's great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach lodge on a natural hill in the middle of a private jungle, away from the main street but only 200m walking from the main surfer beach, famous for its white sand and perfect waves. Great place for solo travelers, couples, families or groups. Clean and comfortable rooms with daily maid, free wireless, free and secure parking, safe place with restaurant and swimming pool. Great getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Funky Monkey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Funky Monkey Hotel Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Santa Teresa
- Funky Monkey Lodge Costa Rica/Santa Teresa