Red Palm richly deserves all of the glowing 5 star reviews. I'll spare repeating what everyone else has said about the luxury, fresh flowers and excellent service. Instead I'll give you some ideas and tips to consider as you research your stay at Red Palm.
We stayed in the Honeymoon Villa. Gorgeous. Amazing bathroom/shower with open air and views of the beach while you shower. Nice AC in the main bedroom.
The small kitchen is workable. We bought fresh fish from the dockside market at Mal Pais and cooked at the Villa. You may want to check ahead somehow to make sure there's some filets available. Both days we drove over there we found fresh fish.
We rented a 4 wheel drive from Alamo. The Red Palm people booked this for us. Alamo was terrific. You NEED 4 WHEEL DRIVE in this part of the country, especially if you drive to Montezuma, Blanco or Curu.
The front desk set up a one day tour to Curu Wildlife Refuge. This was a fun, full day. Saw loads of monkeys and took a boat ride out to Tortuga Island. The snorkeling was a bust due to cloudy water conditions.
Red Palm is really about surfing and hanging on the amazing, miles long beach in front of the place. The best breaks are about 100 yards from the Honeymoon Villa. Yes, you can do day tours to Curu and Montezuma..... But the roads are very rough so you won't want to be on the move all the time.
We also walked the Montezuma waterfall trail. We are very fit hikers.... Getting to the first falls is easy. And you DO NOT need a guide to walk this trail despite what the tout at the parking said. We did not go up to the 2nd falls... Looked a little risky compared to the reward.
We're glad we went to Curu instead of Blanco. Curu has wonderful beaches -- and sea kayaking. You can seak kayak about 30 minutes to your own private small beach. And the $10 entrance fee seems to keep it all manageable and keeps the crowds down. Again, lots of monkeys.
Smart, efficient staff. Gorgeous setting. Top of the line all the way. Excellent breakfast next door at Milarepa.
Other considerations.... It can get hot to during the day here. Some dogs barking at night (ear plugs as an option) and this place is fairly remote. It's a surfers paradise. Or just bring a good ok or two and relax in the many hammocks provided.
And.... Visit the surf bar called Roca Mar almost next door to Red Palm. Mojitos right on the beach. We ate dinner at Brisas Del Mar. Excellent but hard to drive to, it's up a very steep road which requires 4 wheel drive. We enjoyed our tour guide to Curu... Percy. Ask for him if you need surf lessons or Curu tour day.
Thanks again to the Red Palm crew. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the beach, private, awesome views, #1 honeymoon villas and suites, full service.A 24 hour front desk.Daily housekeeping included in the room rate.Private bathroom for each unit.If there is a minimum-stay requirement, it must be no more than 3 nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Red Palm Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Palm Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- The Red Palm Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa