Booked this place for 5 days for my girlfriend's birthday. We absolutely loved it. Was looking for a relaxing getaway with as much privacy as possible. Stayed at the Hummingbird Villa and it was perfect. The Villa itself is gorgeous and clean. Actually, the villa is stunning. Like a beautiful luxury treehouse. No complaints. You are seconds from the beach. It's peaceful and quiet and you hardly see or run into anyone else on the property. There are quite a few people on the beach obviously but it is not congested at all. Really beautiful.
If you walk a few minutes along the beach in either direction you will run into places to eat and drink. Rocamar has good fish, drinks were OK. Milarepa has a decent breakfast. Flor Blanca has a nice lunch menu and good drinks.
I was trying to decide between Red Palm and Florblanca when looking for a place to stay. After seeing Florblanca, I am glad I chose the Red Palm. It is smaller and more private, which is what I was looking for. Florblanca looks great, but it didn't look like the villas were nearly as nice as the Red Palm.
Service was excellent. We had surfing lessons for 2 days with Leo. He is a great guy, very patient. We also had the couples massage in our villa - excellent, and the horseback ride at sunset on the beach - also excellent.
For dinner I highly recommend Koji's. It was some of the best sushi I have ever tasted - comparable to Nobu and Megu. The fish was perhaps the freshest I've ever had. Pasta Basta was also very good.
Nothing bad to say about this place, really. The Hummingbird Villa was a bit pricey but I still think it was a good value and we had an amazing time. Would love to come back and probably will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private Beach - Dramatic Views - Luxury Villas Steps From The Water Fully Staffed for honeymoons, weddings, family and couple vacations. 3 restaurants and a spa 1-3 minutes walk on the beach. Swim, surf, boogie board, snorkel, horseback riding directly in front. Offering complete elopement & wedding packages and services. Voted Top 10 Resorts in Costa Rica to get married at. Call Toll Free 888 405 0201 ans let us help you reserve a spot with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your The Red Palm Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Palm Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- The Red Palm Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa