All reviewshoneymoon villagarden villaair conditionedlow tideevery eveningpineapplebeautiful placeperfect spotocean frontrent an atvweddingbeachsunsetprivacyharmonyhammocksstove
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We just returned from our 4th (and longest – 14 days) consecutive visit to the Red Palm Villas. Having emailed before our arrival re our room preference, Lucrecia pulled out all the stops to make it happen even though they appeared full occupancy. Somehow she managed to offer a guest an upgrade to another villa, did a little shuffling and we were in, that’s one of the many reasons we keep coming back, nothing is impossible or too much to ask the staff or owner there. We were very grateful.

We used the loungers in front of the beach for morning coffee and afternoon sunsets which are perfect vantage, straight on facing west. All day long there is a nice breeze on this property, another plus.

As always the staff was genuinely very friendly without being pushy and that makes a big difference never being bothered. Our one bedroom villa was the highlight this visit, it was new and occupied the last time we were there but this time Lucrecia got us in, Harmony Villa, it’s a few steps from the beach, you can hear the ocean when you’re sleeping, it’s a one-bedroom total AC villa in their garden, no real beach views to speak of – it’s very spacious and well appointed – great bed - and as we like cooking we got great use out of the BBQ and fully equipped kitchen.

There are a few markets close by, the fruits are very fresh, not like anything you experience in the states. The pineapples are tasty, amazing and cheap. There’s a very good fish store about 2 miles away, they sell out early, everything is fresh and caught that day, if you like to cook you have to go there, I forgot the name but the staff will get you dialed in, I think it was called “Product C”, I bought some tuna one day for about $5-6 a pound and grouper another day about the same price.

Inexpensive excellent local food is found everywhere in “soda’s”. There are 4 or 5 restaurants all within walking distance on the beach, very nice and easy access, we rarely used our car but I recommend a car for getting around. We’ve been there 4 times now and know all the great little beaches and shops, you’ll dig out more stuff if you have a car or quad.

There are about 6 restaurants in town you must go to. Our first pick is right next door, Milarepa, it’s a French restaurant where we had the most delicious breakfast every day, after that was Koji Sushi, and then Brisas del Mar, a lit bit of a journey up the hill they are on but worth it, get there for sunsets, they have a huge view of the ocean and at sunset it’s magnificent.

We’ll certainly be back to the Red Palm Villas again – just too nice, looking forward to planning our next trip!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dolley C
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at the Red Palm Villas for 7 nights with our 4 year old boy in September. We had such a lovely time; I do not understand the one bad review they, (I am very fussy, but I think maybe these people are worse:)))

Anyway, the one bedroom suite was just perfect as we were able to put our little one to bed and still be able to watch movies via WIFI and listen to music in the patio. The bed is a king size bed, so it was very comfortable to for the three of us to sleep in even though we would never do that usually. It was also a large bonus to have the kitchen to be able to cook and not having to eat out as well as snack for our son. We didn’t have breakfast included in our pack, so we just made our own most days, we did go to the restaurant they offer it at and it really is a gourmet breakfast which they advertise, the juices are fresh squeezed, the coffee is French pressed, everything is well made, fresh ingredients and beautiful presentation, definitely not the breakfast we would have expected in a package, 1st class without a doubt like everything else we experienced through this resort.

The bathroom as they said, “open air”, the shower had a great view of a very well maintained lush garden full of flowers, birds, butterflies and sweet scents especially in the evenings.

They offered a very inexpensive laundry service, each day our cloths were collected in the morning and returned in the afternoon, this was especially important traveling with a toddler.

The tide pools out front are great, our son spent about 6 hours a day there, we could never get him out, it was interesting for him to explore them all and safe. There is an opportunity to walk to several other resorts nearby. When we were greeted and asked where we were staying, they always had great things to say about the Red Palm Villas and their staff. The service and staff all throughout the resort was amazing, they were warm and friendly at all times. We had cocktails and watched the best sunsets each night in front of our villa, the beach is very private and quiet, there are several areas set up with hammocks which are very comfortable and everywhere as well as chaise lounge chairs, we rarely ran into other guests.

We loved it so much, it was our first trip there, we have our 10-year wedding anniversary coming soon and plan to come back and treat ourselves to the Honeymoon Villa, we had a chance to see it between guests, it’s a very cool original design villa right on the beach, we can’t wait to check that out next.

There are lovely restaurants, a few who offer entertainment at night, Kiki’s was a great spot with a cool local vibe, there they were playing music well after the dinner crowd went home which often created the best atmosphere. We just had such a lovely time and will go back again for sure.

Highly recommend it for couples or families wanting something, private, exclusive, not like a huge public resort, they offer the ambiance of a well-staffed private compound/estate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went on vacation here recently with my wife and had a blast. There was a great mix of activities and just lounging on the beach! I would come back here again for my next trip to Costa Rica. The weather was great and views were magnificent.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I live in ny where the air is thick and the people are nasty. The red palms was literally the opposite of that. The weather is always great and the people here were so friendly. It has got to be the awesome spot it has by the beach and the non stop sunlight that keeps everyone here so happy. On to the rooms itself, I'm an avid designer and I do not take lightly to bad furnishing, the rooms were very pretty and you get a nice homey feeling. The staff were very easy to work with also. The place was just very accommodating. I recommend the this place mainly because the rooms are just so nice, ac in some of the rooms but also open air so you can enjoy Mother Nature. The room is kept very tidy daily which I'm an avid fan of. The only complaint was that I couldn't stay any longer... Summer breeze, tasty drinks , laying by the beach and the open air... All at an awesome villa.... Priceless.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Taylormanjetfan
Reviewed October 17, 2012

A big part of me doesn't want to review this hotel because I don't want anyone else to know about it--it's too good, in some ways too good to be true, bit it’s only fair to share the discovery with others.

My wife and I always say that if we had to design the perfect small hotel this would be it. The villas are the most perfect compliment of the surroundings, well thought out and very functional, exactly what we would have conceived. Scores of reviews say the same thing and no wonder they consistently win awards. We are repeaters, having spent a glorious 2 February weeks for the third year in a row we have stayed in almost all their villas and suites offered, they are all great--tastefully appointed and immaculate. The beds are dream-inducing, fresh, comfortable, and cool with views.

The staff through and through are both accessible and friendly, and the owner will stop at almost nothing to ensure your needs are attended to.

Their location is superb, on the beach, about a 10-minute walk to town and about a 2-minute on a footpath along the beach to the restaurant where we were followed by the Red Palm dogs and had breakfast every day.

The sunsets are glorious as well, very colorful and dramatic, they last for about 75-90 minutes, I actually made sure we were never away and were stationed on the beach with drinks and favorite chairs for our sunset. And every morning we had rich Costa Rica coffee on our beach front balcony overlooking the sea, surrounded by hummingbirds and palm trees. The traveler who doesn't like the Red Palm Villa’s doesn't like life, there is nothing to dislike, it’s a surreal setting full of happy smiling staff, beautiful friendly dogs and very well cared for wildlife, it’s like a dream until you have to wake up and go home and face reality that even dreams come to an end.

Thanks Red Palm Villas and staff for an unforgettable vacation, can’t wait to come back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple