All reviewshoneymoon villagarden villaair conditionedlow tideevery eveningpineapplebeautiful placeperfect spotocean frontrent an atvweddingbeachsunsetprivacyharmonyhammocksstove
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I along with our 7 year old daughter recently stayed at Red Palm Villas in June 2012. It was the best place we could have stayed in Santa Teresa. Before we even left the states Ruth and the staff helped us organize and plan our vacation. Their recommendation to fly from San Jose to Tambor and not take the ferry was spot on and saved us 5-7 hours of driving. Ruth also lined up our rental car and had it waiting for us waiting at Tambor Airport. Once there they directed us to the best restuarants, shopping, snorkeling and rain forest hiking........truly first class service, like none I have experienced in my extensive travels. Red Palm Villas is a slice of Costa Rican paradise and we can't wait to go back. We miss the people, food, sites but mostly the dogs that live at the villas. The surf was really good too!!

Room Tip: all rooms are clean and in a paradise setting
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank paul r
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have to say this was the best vacation I ever had. The customer service was fabulous. Ruth helped me in every way she could. She told me where to go while in San Jose, she arranged for a drive to pick me up and drive me around San Jose.
She told me what airline to take to the island. Again she sent a driver to pick us up. She arraigned every activity. I felt like a Quinn. All I had to do inquire about something and it was done. It was a customer service we can only dream about to have in the United States. Once we got there it was a true haven on earth, beautiful villas, extra clean (I am very picky about hotels). The stuff at the Villas is extraordinary.

1  Thank Velida J
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Red Palm Villas Santa Teresa.
I knew it was going to be a great experience by the way I was treated from the second I made contact with the owner Michael Radler over email. He was full of information and answered any questions I had since it would be our first trip to Costa Rica,
From the second we arrived it was a wonderful experience. We had arrived early to check and without hesitation the manager Yateem offered to upgrade us immediately as the villa was available. He was very kind and incredibly efficient even though it was way too early in the day for them to take a check in. They accommodated us beautifully.
The property is right on the beach and you are lulled to sleep by the sound of the Pacific Ocean. We were upgraded to the Harmony Beach villa and it was really lovely. All of the amenities of home. Nothing left to chance. Even had a flashlight for the late night dash to the “tico” style bathroom. Wonderful experience showering outside in the fresh air. We loved it.
The property is beautifully appointed and wonderfully laid out. Each villa is private and you hardly see another guest. There are lush plantings and citrus trees and bananas all over. The three dogs that make Red Palm Villas their home were delightful, and were always there to greet us and they accompanied me on my early morning walks on the beach. There are great lounge chairs to watch the waves or catch some sun and hammocks for the afternoon siesta. Our villa was exactly that. Villas, kitchen, dining area, living room and seating area and separate curtained bed room area. Incredibly comfortable beds with delicious sheets and fluffy pillows. Fresh flowers to make it extra special. Air conditioned.
I would recommend Red Palm Villas to anyone traveling to Santa Teresa. It is beautiful, private and the staff makes you feel incredibly special.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank monique m
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were looking for something romantic, remote, quiet, secluded and on the water...after some debate and some intereaction with Mike via email, we finally made it to RPV...it delivered on all counts....getting there by rental car was certainly a bit of a challenge-the roads definitely leave a bit to be desired....maybe that deters some, who knows.....but the end result was well worth it...such a quiet, secluded place...and the villas are just so comfortable and luxuriously simple....lucatia and josefina were just so kind and accommodating...they truly made us feel at home and u could tell they really were intent on our enjoying our stay and were genuinely disappointed when we had to depart...they recommended kojis for dinner and wow....what a fantastic place...we went twice...only recommendation i might make is a 5 star bed linen instead of what i might consider a 4 star....as some have mentioned, this isnt ur typical beachside cookie cutter resort...but if ur looking for something truly unique and secluded, then its worth ur time and efforts to visit RPV....

Room Tip: the two two-bedroom villas are the ones closest to the beach, though not waterside...theyre definitely nice, but dont be afraid to stay in the garden suites as theyre not far at all and are very comfortable...
1  Thank cinful68
Reviewed July 5, 2012

What can we say? Red Palm has a location on the beach in Santa Teresa that cannot be beat. However, their staff (Lucretia, Ruth, Josefina and ancillary) made the trip more special than we could have ever imagined.

We chose this location for several reasons...our commitment ceremony, a much needed vacation away from work and a 50th birthday celebration.

We stayed in the Honeymoon Villa. It was perfect in every way. We were looking for a trip where the view was incredible and we could get away from it all. We were there during off season so we felt like the beach was almost private...only some locals and some surfers every day but there were plenty of times during the week when it was just us in our private beach chairs looking down the coastline just taking in the view and hearing the waves crash in front of us. Sleeping in the open air bedroom upstairs with a view of the ocean in front of us as well as the sounds of it and the jungle at night were something only imagined in our dreams. There is no tv and no phone in your room. It really helped to really make it a private, romantic week away. We both have stressful jobs and can honestly say that the week rejuvenated us and relaxed us body and soul.

This resort and location is for people who want to get away and spend quality time together. If you are wanting action, nightlife and shopping, this is not the place for you.

The staff makes you feel really comfortable and anything you need, all you have to do is go to the reception desk and they will arrange for your taxi, atv, or whatever service you wish. They never seemed bothered and were truly wonderful people. We miss you so much already Lu, Ruth and Josefina.

They created a beautiful commitment ceremony for me and my partner on the beach. They spent a lot of time getting everything prepared for our special day. Our villa was decked out in fresh tropical flowers and the patio was amazing....it was just the right combination of rustic and chic decorum with driftwood signs like "All you need is love" and our dining table with beautiful decorations of seashells and candles, etcetera. I will never forget the beauty of it and the time and effort it took to create. We had a wonderful photographer named Hanit who made us feel so comfortable and actually took so many gorgeous pictures of us. After the ceremony, we had a private dinner created by Torsten on our patio. We really felt like royalty.

They helped us set up for ziplining, massages, atv rental and horseback riding. The ATV rental is not to be missed. It is important to see the beautiful countryside by riding the main roads which are gravel and dirt. We were able to go to Blanco National Reserve (like a national forest in the US) and to Montezuma. We were so busy checking out the countryside, we never made it to the waterfall (oh well, we will do it next time because there defintely will be a next time).

Some things we recommend are eating at Milarepa, the sister resort's restaurant, as much as possible. It was so delicious. We ate 3 dinners here and all of our breakfasts. Fresh smoothies and french press coffee to start the day is awesome. Eat the fresh fish as the Sea Bass was the best I have ever eaten....the tuna tartar wasn't half bad either. Mariana, Nawell and Lucas were fabulous. Not to mention 9 howler monkeys including 2 babies in the adjacent trees. If you go into town to eat, find out where the locals eat and eat there as it will be good, authentic costa rican food at a decent price. Bring plenty of cash (lower denomination bills) that can be exchanged into colones as no one takes credit cards.

The beauty of the beach at Santa Teresa was really something that we did not know existed and the beauty of the people there was unexpected.

We are back at our US lives as busy as ever but for once we were able to really slow down and smell the palm trees. We love ya Lu, Ruth and Josefina.

BTW: Tara W could never have come to Red Palm as we were there the same week. Reception was always ready to help us and their customer service was exemplary.

Until we meet again, pura vida. Kelli and Mere