“Magical Place”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Chicago, Illinois
“Magical Place”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I spent 6 nights at the Red Palm Villas in January. We stayed in the Hummingbird Villa. We arrived after spending 4 nights at the Springs Resort and Spa in Arenal. I admit initially it was an adjustment as the accomodations are night and day. The Villa is architecturally magnificent but for some reason I wasn't prepared for the open air experience. This led to countless "girl scared of insect" screams and I made my husband accompany me to the bathroom from sundown to sunrise. But truly this was part of the magic and our experience would not have been the same otherwise.

The property is beautiful - it really is breathtaking. And the fact that it's right by the ocean with incredible views...wow, just wow.

Because of the timing of our arrival we missed the usual tour and briefing of the property and area. Not a huge deal but after my husband had a scary experience getting caught in high tide, an f.y.i. ahead of time would have avoided this.

The staff are all lovely people. Mike the owner was amazing from the first time I reached out to inquire about availability through our actual stay.

I can't speak to the other accomodations on the property; however from what I could tell the Honeymoon villa looked spectacular.

Recommendations: rent an ATV during your stay. Our experience would have been completely different without this. First of all it's a blast to ride but mostly the freedom it gives you to explore the wonders of Santa Teresa. There are so many incredible restaurants and stretches of deserted beach just waiting to be found. We really fell in love with Santa Teresa.

We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Sarah A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Indianapolis
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I can't wait to come back! Costa Rica is an amazing place and Red Palms in Santa Teresa was a perfect end to an amazing vacation! I couldn't have imagined how beautiful our Villa was going to be. Absolutely breathtaking to wake up with the waves crashing and a beautiful view of the beach. The staff was extremely nice and were eager to accomodate. Super laid back with everything you could ever want out of a beach vacation. I have never written a review but I will always reccomend Red Palm Villas to anyone wanting a perfect chill beach scene. Thank you, Justin & Marlee, US.

Room Tip: Honeymoon Villa is the way to go. Perfect view of the beach from the bed on the second floor, full...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We discovered Red Palms via the Internet but were already familiar with Santa Teresa. We have just returned from a fabulous four week stay in this wonderful location. The villas are delightful and, as our stay was prolonged, wanted accommodation with a kitchen. The whole experience ticked every box for us. The location is the best in Santa Teresa, right on the best stretch of beach and quiet too. The staff were superb, nothing was too much trouble. We would recommend this venue without any hesitation. If you want to relax and chill out, this is the place to be.

Kevin & Lynda,
UK.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed at the Red Palm Villas for our honeymoon and couldn't have imagined the stay we had. Located right on the beach, the views were breath-taking, the staff was friendly and most helpful and the room was simply amazing. I rarely leave reviews anywhere but this place was just too great not to.

We hope to spend our first anniversary and every one following back at the Red Paml Villas!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Winkler
Reviewed January 27, 2012

It has been a year since I was at Red Palms and I can't stop thinking of this place. You get outstanding service! They will do everything to make your stay memorable. We stayed at the Honeymoon Villa, and there is not a place that could possibly be nicer than this. I am homesick for this place. If you can, stay at the Honeymoon Villa. 2 floors, with the upstairs bedroom overlooking the ocean. The grounds are so well taken care of, wildlife all around you. 3 wonderful dogs that love to follow you everywhere you go (you will fall in love with each one immediately). Every night everyone will go and watch the sunset (there is no place that has a more beautiful sunset). You can watch in a hammock or sit on the beach. When I say everyone, there may be about 10-20 people. It is a very romantic and secluded beach. Wonderful restaurant right next to Red Palms. We saw a whale while we were there, which was really neat. This place is a little ways from the town, we rented a quad and drove to town for some meals. Red Palms being secluded is what makes it extra special, (yet close enough to town to go daily). Most people will never even imagine such a place. When I saw the pictures, I wanted to go stay at Red Palms, but I never imagined the beauty....

Room Tip: Honeymoon Villa is unforgettable, but on the pricey side. I recommend the Honeymoon, Hummingbird or...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenn3031
Minneapolis
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Great personal service. Very friendly and helpful. Mike made booking easy and we were picked up from the airport and whisked away.
Very glad we had the breakfast coupons for the place just next door, which also had amazing dinners.
Great swimming with mild waves
which glow at night when they break... Breathtaking

• Stayed January 2012
Austin
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Most of us will never know or experience what an unspoiled beach on the Pacific ocean looks or feels like. After almost a year of wedding planning for a 375 guest wedding, we needed a real get away, not the kind where most things are OK and you deal with things at the hotel because that's the best there is under the circumstances.

This property is the best in Santa Teresa. It's right on a beautiful and deserted beach. The staff is awesome and offers an unparalleled level of service. Our villa was awesome. The staff was on top of every detail from the fresh flowers to the spotless attention to detail.

We cannot wait to go back, we met great couples, and enjoyed every peaceful romantic second. One word of advice, 7 days will not be enough, anything less is a tease.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple