Hotel Casa Azul
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$87
$82
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$135
Hotel Santa Teresa(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$86
$68
$221
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$63
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$137
Surf Vista Villas(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$75
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$400
Hotwire.com
Playa Cielo(Santa Teresa)
$179
All reviewsblue housegreat bakerycosta ricayoga paviliongrounds are beautifullittle slice of heavenfalling asleepfavorite placesshort walknice bathroomboard rentalssmall kitchensan josea great staylaid backsurf lessonsrichard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon in Costa Rica, where we spent 5 nights at Casa Azul. I made my reservations in February and Richard, the owner, emailed me a few days before we left to make sure we had proper directions for driving down the Santa Teresa. We arrived to find a clean, well kept, beach front property and had a great time all week. We walked through a number of the resorts/hotels and Casa Azul appeared to be the most well kept. The staff did an excellent job! The pool was cleaned 1st thing every morning, the area was well kept and our rooms were perfectly kept. The staff was friendly and eager to help in any way they could.

Casa Azul is literally on the beach (unlike many of the places that advertise that they are), and the pool provided an excellent break from the salt water. Overall this was a great place to relax, convenient to walk to the beach, bars, and restaurants. I’d recommend it to any of my friends.

Reviewed July 4, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights and loved it. The house is perfectly located 50 metes from the beach and right in an area that has alot of restaurants, bars, and other things to do. I mentioned that I wanted to BBQ and they provided a grill for me and made sure to make sure we had everything we needed. The place also has a pool which is great because the ocean isn't the best for swimming given the size of the waves. The place is small and feels more like you're staying at your friends awesome beach house than at a hotel, all in all a great place to stay! Oh make sure to make it out to the beach in front of the hotel for the sunset, one of the best we've ever seen!

Reviewed June 27, 2010

If you're looking for beachfront accommodations right in the heart of town than look no further than Casa Azul. Room options for every budget and need. We've stayed in all of them but our favorite is the Casita. This unit sleeps 4, has a kitchen, AC throughout and a nice covered porch if the sun has worn you out. If you want to splurge or have a larger group than the second story apartment is for you. Great views of the beach and awesome sunsets. Casa Azul's location is as good as it gets also. You can walk a few steps from your room and be at the Playa Carmen break or head up to the road and you are within walking distance of shops and restaurants.

Reviewed June 15, 2010

Hotel Casa Azul was an amazing place to stay. You could not ask for a better location. You can walk right out to the beach and surf. The hotel has a wonderful pool area as well. The owner graciously helped us book excursions and gave us ideas of where to go around the hotel. There is kitchen where you can cook some of your own meals. The hotel was very clean, and the staff was very helpful and accomodating. The rooms in the main house look right out over the pool area and you can see the ocean and the beach. It is a wonderful view. I would go back again, and reccommend it to anyone that is looking for a relaxing and wonderful vacation right on the beach.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2010

My vacation to Costa Rica was planned at very last minute. I had 1 week off and wanted sun, beach & relaxation. I read an article about Santa Teresa being a laid back town and offering great surfing so once I had decided on the location the search for a hotel began. I was traveling with a friend and we looked online for hotels that would be on the beach and also have a restaurant & spa on premises. Only 1 place had availability for the first 3 nights of our stay and we decided to book it and search for another hotel once in town. Upon arrival we immediately took a walk on the (nearly) deserted & very beautiful beach and saw a blue house with a big well-kept lawn. As we approached the house we realized that it was a hotel and the owner Richard showed us the rooms. We were stunned to find this hidden gem right on the beach! The house was amazing with nice & clean rooms. Luckily he had availability for the second half of our trip! Although Casa Azul doesn't have a restaurant or spa it is still by far the best deal in town: great service, beach access, clean and quiet pool, restaurants right across the street and the nearby hotels have spas. The house has a kitchen so you can cook your own food if you like. We actually ended up staying at the little house which is like a bungalow so had our own patio, kitchen, safe locker etc. Very nice! You can also rent the entire main house if you are traveling as group or you can rent just 1 room. I highly recommend this place to anyone as it works as well for families or groups as for single travelers (as a woman I would feel comfortable staying here by myself as the place is safe and centrally located). Weather you like to relax by the pool, read in the hammock, go surfing or do anything else the town has to offer this is the ideal location and reliable service (always hot water & electricity, and Richard is a sweetheart!) which is not always given is this part of the world!

I hope you will enjoy your stay us much as we did! Pura Vida!

Please note that Casa Azul and most hotels in the area only take cash as payment and the easiest is to bring enough US dollars with you.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends