“Very good surfing lessons With César”

Surfing Costa Rica - Pura Vida
More attraction details
Owner description: Our goal at Surfing Costa Rica Pura Vida is to make sure that our guest never walk away disappointed. You will know what it is like to surf the coast of Santa Teresa as it was intended through the knowledge of local instructors.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Ulm
“Very good surfing lessons With César”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I enjoyed my Surfing lessons With César a lot . He made me take a wipe out more easy again and taught me to catch those beautiful Green waves of Santa Teresa . He is a very friendly, reliable person and a fantastic and devoted surf instructor.

Visited May 2014
SurfCRPuraVida, Owner at Surfing Costa Rica - Pura Vida, responded to this review, April 4, 2015
Yes! Elsa, you really did a lot of paddling but you took yourself to the next level, never complained about anything, you always had a good vibe around you!
Thank you and see you next time!

Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Pura Vida!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was my first trip down to Costa Rica with a close friend, and I couldn't have had a better experience! Everything from booking the trip, getting picked up at the airport, and the daily surf sessions with Cesar were amazing. As a new traveler, the crew and other guests not only made us feel welcome, but I can honestly say I made some friends that I will keep in touch with in the future.

Enough cannot be said about the instructors. My friend and I had no experience, but after a great introduction and assessment, the instructors were able to tailor the lessons to our level. Not only is it clear that the crew love what they do, they love watching you catch every wave and surpass all of your surfing expectations, as well!

We were treated like family by the crew, not just tourists. They genuinely wanted to tell us about the area and showed us around to really get the best experience, which was so refreshing and beyond our expectations for this trip!

I would definitely recommend booking with Surfing Costa Rica-Pura Vida. I've suggested for all of my friends to book with Cesar and his crew, many are following through within the next few months. All you need to do is show up with good vibes and they will take care of the rest :) An amazing experience I will ever forget and hope for others to experience too!

Visited February 2014
It really was fun with you, all your friends were super nice to us and always happy ,it was great i still remember the big dinner we had .... Good times ,good friends ,pura vida life!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Experience Ever”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I went to Santa Teresa in December of 2013. I booked surfing lessons with Surfing Costa Rica Pura Vida. Cesar (who is one of the instructors) picked me up at the hotel and drove me over to the beach. I was pretty nervous being that I had never really felt comfortable in the ocean. I have to admit that I have the most terrible balance in the world, so it was pretty difficult to stand up on the board. I was able to do it a couple of times the first day though, YAY for me. After surfing Cesar and the crew offered me water and fruits. They offered to drop me back off at the hotel but I decided to walk. The next few days of surfing I was finally actually getting the hang of it. By the last surfing class I felt super good with myself because I was getting up super fast and riding the whole wave. The highlight of my trip to Santa Teresa was surfing, it completely changed my life. Every time I go to a beach the first thing I do is rent a board and go surfing.
If it wasn't for Cesar I would've probably given up.
So Cesar, THANK YOU so much for changing my life in such a positive way. Can't wait till I go back to Santa Teresa and see you guys again.
Pura Vida.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank DaniLeoH
We get a lot of people from all over the world and i have to say you were like a warrior from day one, always listening to what i was saying and getting the best out really good .
Pura vida!
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“World Class Experience”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hi I am K and this my testimony,
Surfing Costa Rica Pura Vida i would categorize as a World Class Experience. I have been to many camps though out the world and i have never learned so much in such a short period of time. I arrived to the camp as a intermediate surfer and Cesar my instructor molded me into an even stronger paddler, and much more confident surfer. I now surf breaks that i would have never dreamed of surfing and i have Surfing Costa Rica Pura Vida to thank. The entire experience from start to finish was fantastic, and the hospitality was top notch. The whole staff made me feel safe and important. I highly recommend the Camp to any and all age groups.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank kiara c
We had a lot of fun with you, it was great to have such a good athlete with us.
Waves were good and you took all of then.Take care and keep it up.
we'll see you next time .
Oslo, Norway
“Amazing!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had never tried surfing before, so I had my first surf lesson with Cesar and his crew in Santa Teresa. It was a total blast!! You could tell that the instructors had a lot of knowledge, they could see all your small mistakes, and knew exactly what you had to do to make it right. They had so much patience, and were really easy and fun to be around. The feeling of actually standing up on the board, the location, the waves, the people, everything was just amazing!! I would highly recommend Surfing Costa Rica - Pura Vida to everyone that not just want to learn how to surf, but also meet wonderful people and have an experience for life. I cant wait to go back!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

SurfCRPuraVida, Manager at Surfing Costa Rica - Pura Vida, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
we can't thank you enough for all the respect and the good vibes you gave us here . you are welcome .Pura Vida see you soon!