“Great food, amazing prices, airy soda”
Review of Soda Tiquicia

Soda Tiquicia
Ranked #18 of 120 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Went here for breakfast after after a wander along the beach to from Playa Kahuna and a stop off for a coffee at a more expensive cafe on the walk up - we were not disappointed.
I had the breakfast burrito and my partner had Galle Pinto which also came with toast and made him a very happy Brit. Both were just the right amount and washed down with a giant watermelon smoothie (glad we shared) for 7200!
Went back for dinner and had the guacamole (too much lime to taste the amazing avocado but still delicious), the ceviche (epic) and grilled fish with salad and vegetables (garlicky veg, perfect fish and really good ‘undressed slaw’ style salad) - fantastic combo, too much though so we brought back the plantain for another time! Without beers, about 12000, with 2 each, still a bargain at 17000
We’ll be back for sure!

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 22, 2019 via mobile

No nonsense seating outside.

Half the price of international kitchens.

Great casado plates of different types.

Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

I had the fish plate with a watermelon shake. The shake was just sweet enough without having to use any sugar. The meal was very tasty. While simple ingredients, I loved the seasoning on the fish and the texture was just right. The veggies also were the perfect firm/soft balance for me and tasty. And the salad had its own dressing. A filling and tasty meal for a very affordable price. I almost missed it due to its very enclosed structure but once you're inside the decor is actually pretty and you can see the surrounding plants outside very well.

Reviewed January 3, 2019 via mobile

Having seen good reviews for Soda Tiquicia and the proximity to our hotel, we came here for dinner.
The venue was very busy but we managed to find seats upstairs.
They seemed to be short staffed with only one server working upstairs. He tried his best to keep the waiting time to a minimum so we are grateful for that.
We started with the guacamole and tortilla chips - a very large portion with great tasting guacamole.
For mains, I chose the garlic shrimp with fries and salad, while my friend opted for the whole snapper with veggies.
Both dishes were large in size and tasted great. My friend also ordered some patacones (fried plaintain), which she said tasted good.
Due to the high volume of patrons, we did have to wait a while for our food but we didn’t mind since we had our starter.
The server was very friendly despite being quite busy.
Good food and decent prices made for a nice experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2018 via mobile

Title says it all the food was nothing special and tasteless. We had to put salsa sauce on ourselves to spice it up. Not going back for sure.

Date of visit: December 2018