“Delicious Authentic Costa Rican Cuisine”
Review of Soda Tiquicia

Soda Tiquicia
Ranked #13 of 110 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Sodas are basically the Costa Rican version of a good old diner in the US. Soda Tiquicia is definitely one of the best in Santa Teresa. The portions are HUGE and CHEAP! My favorite is the ceviche, either fish or shrimp or a combo of both and is served with fried plantains known as patacones. The typical dish in Costa Rica is the casado which is comprised of rice, beans, salad, french fries and your choice of meat, chicken, fish, or vegetarian. The price for this is equivalent to about $5. You really can't beat it!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank CRCR123

Reviewed October 11, 2018

THis place offers all the classics. Gallo PInto, burritos, ceviches, arroz con pollo and Casados. Get a banana/blackberry smoothie.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We had a decent meal and then approached the bar to pay. The bartender and I had a short conversation about the locals and then I paid. He said he had been living there a year, danced salsa and had barely tried surfing. He was skinny with a weird mustache. I paid and sat down getting ready to leave. He approached me at my table saying I owed him more money. I went over the bill with him and he charged me a 30% tax on the meal. Yes 30%! That’s insane for any country. I decided not to get to into it with the guy because it was only for a few hundred more colones. After I left I realized he upcharged my first bill too so I gave way more than I should have for the meal. Definitely do not go here if you are a traveler because they will try to swindle you.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 14, 2018

Santa Teresa is full of interesting restaurants from all walks of earth and all kinds of food. It is however delightful sometimes to remember that you are in Costa Rica. The locals too know how to cook, and they do it well. Best restaurant for the price you pay.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Local costarican cuisine.
Good taste and finally fair prices for the tourists.
Small place but quiet and clean.
Recommended.