Sapo Guapo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We are glad to offer our mexican menu! Delicious tacos, burritos, nachos, chalupas and Sapo Guapo nights with guest chefs! Description Share a meal with us or have it delivered to your door! Estamos felices de ofrecer nuestro menu mexicano, deliciosas chalupas, nachos, tacos, burritos y las noches Sapo Guapo con chefs invitados! Comparta con nosotros una buena comida, historias de viaje y risas o llamenos y le entregamos el pedido en su puerta!
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Sapo Guapo is a fairly new restaurant in Santa Teresa. Their menu offers many selections from hot dogs, tacos, burger, hot wings, ice, sundaes, smoothies, ice coffee and snow cones. All of the meals are very filling especially the large hotdogs. If you are a chile lover try a chili cup, chili fries or chile dog. To be honest I have never liked chile in my life but while I was in Santa Teresa I stopped by Sapo once or twice a week to grab a cup of fresh homemade chile. Another one of my favorites is Hawaiian hot dog. All of the prices range between $2-$10. Sapo is open till 11pm every night. Its perfect for those late night munchies or sweet tooth cravings.
The owners are very nice and always welcoming. If you have special dietary needs they will try their best to accommodate you. I will defiantly be back

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Sapo Guapo is one of the newer restaurants to open in Santa Teresa. They were originally just selling hot dogs and ice cream but have since added some other amazing options, my favorite being crepes! They do both savory and sweet and how can you go wrong with bananas and nutella! But back to the hot dogs for a minute - from an original gringo dog featuring deli mustard and relish to a fan favorite chili cheese dog all i can say is wow! They use fresh bread baked locally and have a nice combo option featuring a dog of your choice with fries and a drink. You also cannot go wrong with the great banana splits! Definitely a nice edition to the wide array of options in this great beach town!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great place. Ice cream was wonderful, as they had a nice variety to the Dos Pino's brand, which Costa Rica is known for. Unfortunately did not get to try the other types of food that they had, which I had heard were delicious as well. Nice place to relax outside or inside, and their cleanliness was something of great notice as well. Look forward to going back and trying much more of what they had to offer.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Okay...so let me say this. Sapo Guapo has great fast food. Their huge hot dogs are delicious and very creative. Their chicken sandwich....delicious!! The owners are adorable!! They are a new business, and they work so darn hard!! The place is open from lunch until 11 at night. My only problem with Sapo Guapo is that the service is very slow. Once we did take out (from placing order, until leaving to bring lunch home, it was 35 minutes). But the WORST was when we called the second time for takeout. After calling and placing the order, they called back 40 minutes later and said their delivery person never showed. Okay...we understand...it happens....so my husband jumped in the car to pick it up. When he got there, not only was the order NOT complete (we ordered 3 orders of chicken tacos, and they only made 3 tacos), but they hadn't even started the fries.)...my husband was so annoyed at the additional wait and the screwed up order...and he left with no fries. In spite of all of this, when we come back next year, I'll STILL give them another shot, because I really like the owners, and the food is actually quite delicious, if you can deal with the slow service.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went for an ice cream, while waiting, the girl was serving a hotdog, an 8.5 inch hotdog, on fresh bread from a local bakery, it took them some time to prepare it but it was worth it! The owners are nice to talk to and the price has no match!