“Passionate guide”

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Passionate guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Jepo toured us to curu national park and Tortuga island for snorkelling and we loved it!
Jepo is a passionate guide and he loves his country and he told us allot of really interesting facts and story
We strongly recommend activities with olingo :)

Visited January 2014

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“feeling like a pro, a proffessional beginner that is!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

I came to Santa Teresa with a mission to attempt to surf for the first time in my life. I did feel it was a bit ambitious of me seeing as I am not athletic and can barely walk down the street without tripping over my feet. It was recommended from a local that I get in touch with a surf instructor through Olingo. The day came for my lesson and my instructor, Mauricio, picked me up at my hotel and drove us to Playa Hermosa where I was to launch myself into the world of amateur surfing. He went through all the directions first while still on the sand and was very good at explaining the importance of each step in the process to successful surfing. I asked many questions and he was very patient and was extremely knowledgeable in what he was teaching. As we got into the water his direction continued to surprise me. He was able to tell exactly what I was doing incorrectly and gave me tricks to correct it. He waited for waves that would guarantee a smooth ride and set me up to achieve a goal I thought would be impossible. I did have a few spills but with his constant encouragement and patience I was able to successfully stand up on my board and catch about 20 little waves. I felt very confident and was made to feel comfortable throughout the process. I owe all my success to my instructor and I would recommend Mauricio to anyone looking for a great start into the world of surfing and even as someone to help you improve the skills you already have as an intermediate student.
It was so much fun and such a great experience..Thanks to Mauricio!!!

Visited December 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Excellent Surf Instructor - Mauricio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had a 7 day package at a surf camp. When I got there, none of their usual instructors were available. They had never worked with Maruicio before, and were testing him out on me. I was soooo lucky! Mauricio spoke great English, was very patient, gave great direction, was focused on safety. I certainly recommend him to anyone learning to surf!

Visited November 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Horseback Riding at Hacienda Ario”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

While we were on our honeymoon in Santa Teresa, our resort set up the horseback riding trip for us with Olingo. I'm SO happy we did this! Jepo came and picked us up from where we were staying and drove us about 30 minutes away to the beautiful Hacinda Ario. He was so knowledgeable and down to earth. I got to ride Blackberry who seemed very happy and well taken care of. Us and another sabanero (i learned that means Cowboy. ha!) rode our horses through the beautiful farmland and private beach for a couple hours right before sunset. We saw about 30 vultures eating a dead sea turtle on the beach which was an incredible sight... poor thing! I was in awe of the wildlife, cattle, plants and trees. The best part was when we got home Jepo sent us pictures that he took on his DSLR during our ride. I'd say they are 100x better than the pictures I took. So, so happy with our experience. HIGHLY recommended. :)

Visited September 2013
Cypress, Texas, United States
“Olingo tours are the real deal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Well sadly we just left Santa Teresa and I can't stop looking at all the pictures that we had taken over the course of a week. My friends booked this trip for my 40th bday. Let me tell ya, if you are looking for paradise you surely will find it here. What a trip! We trusted Olingo with several of our outdoor activities and they delivered 110%. We started with surf lessons with Mauricio at playa hermosa. He was great, we were a party of eight and they did a great job teaching us about the break and what to expect when paddling out. I have surfed my whole life and to see my friends out in the water trying it was awesome. Special thanks to Mauricio for getting them in the water and standing up for the first time. There faces were priceless! A few days later we went to to Curu Wildlife Refuge. Jepo, our guide, picked us up at our house and gave us a fabulous trip through town telling us all the history of the area and how the town has come to be. He was great. When we got to the Refuge he took an extensive amount of time teaching us about the history of the property and all the wildlife we would encounter. Super cool tour if you have time. We then took a boat ride out to tortuga island to snorkel. We saw many varieties of fish. Water was merky and it was hard to see fish from the surface so we had to dive down to get a good view of the fish. But it was fun. The trip ended on a secluded beach eating delicious food and fresh cut fruit. Truly awesome experience. These guys are the real deal. There service is off the charts. Thanks Jepo and Mauricio for the great experience. Costa Rica wouldn't have been the same with out y'all. PURA VIDA!

Visited September 2013