“Horseback Riding at Hacienda Ario”

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Horseback Riding at Hacienda Ario”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

While we were on our honeymoon in Santa Teresa, our resort set up the horseback riding trip for us with Olingo. I'm SO happy we did this! Jepo came and picked us up from where we were staying and drove us about 30 minutes away to the beautiful Hacinda Ario. He was so knowledgeable and down to earth. I got to ride Blackberry who seemed very happy and well taken care of. Us and another sabanero (i learned that means Cowboy. ha!) rode our horses through the beautiful farmland and private beach for a couple hours right before sunset. We saw about 30 vultures eating a dead sea turtle on the beach which was an incredible sight... poor thing! I was in awe of the wildlife, cattle, plants and trees. The best part was when we got home Jepo sent us pictures that he took on his DSLR during our ride. I'd say they are 100x better than the pictures I took. So, so happy with our experience. HIGHLY recommended. :)

Cypress, Texas, United States
“Olingo tours are the real deal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Well sadly we just left Santa Teresa and I can't stop looking at all the pictures that we had taken over the course of a week. My friends booked this trip for my 40th bday. Let me tell ya, if you are looking for paradise you surely will find it here. What a trip! We trusted Olingo with several of our outdoor activities and they delivered 110%. We started with surf lessons with Mauricio at playa hermosa. He was great, we were a party of eight and they did a great job teaching us about the break and what to expect when paddling out. I have surfed my whole life and to see my friends out in the water trying it was awesome. Special thanks to Mauricio for getting them in the water and standing up for the first time. There faces were priceless! A few days later we went to to Curu Wildlife Refuge. Jepo, our guide, picked us up at our house and gave us a fabulous trip through town telling us all the history of the area and how the town has come to be. He was great. When we got to the Refuge he took an extensive amount of time teaching us about the history of the property and all the wildlife we would encounter. Super cool tour if you have time. We then took a boat ride out to tortuga island to snorkel. We saw many varieties of fish. Water was merky and it was hard to see fish from the surface so we had to dive down to get a good view of the fish. But it was fun. The trip ended on a secluded beach eating delicious food and fresh cut fruit. Truly awesome experience. These guys are the real deal. There service is off the charts. Thanks Jepo and Mauricio for the great experience. Costa Rica wouldn't have been the same with out y'all. PURA VIDA!

Houston
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best Guides Ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We just returned from an sensational trip to Santa Teresa, Costa Rica! Olingo made all of our excursions fun, safe and amazing! We surfed, fished, snorkeled and eco toured; each trip better than the next! Truly caught enough fish to feed us (8 adults) for the week and give away to captains, guides, Jepo and grounds keepers. On Eco tour with Jeop we saw 2 kinds of monkeys, scarlet macaws, starfish, crabs, deer, iguana, lizards and the ant eater thing I can never remember the name of or pronounce. Water was warm and snorkeling was good. Mauricio and Mickey us how to surf and even had a few of us up by the end of our lesson. He also rented boards and loaned us rash guards for the rest of the week. They also graciously referred us to canopy/zip line tour that was fun and safe. I can't say enough good things about these guys and their company! Do yourself a favor when you visit, look them up!!!

Alameda, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spend a day with Olingo!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I spent four nights in Santa Teresa, CR. Our hotel set up a kayak tour with Olingo Surf and Nature Experiences. Our guide, Jepo, arrived on time and drove us to Curu Wildlife Refuge. The bay was perfect for Kayaking and Jepo provided great commentary about Costa Rica and the surrounding environment. We enjoyed our experience so much that we scheduled a morning of surfing with Olingo the next day. Again, great guide/instructor and perfect beginner waves. I recommend Olingo to any travelers looking for a great outdoor experience with knowledgeable guides. Can't wait to go back

1 Thank ZAW331
Halifax, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cabo Blanco with Jepo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you are looking for a great guide with a keen eye for spotting animals, Jepo at Olingosurfandnaturetours is your man. My wife and I went to Cabo Blanco with him today and it was a good time. We spotted Howler Monkeys and many species of birds with his help. He was extremely knowledgeable about both the animal and plant life and the history of the area itself. He does his best to make sure the tour is worth the money spent. We also enjoyed his authentic Tico music which he played for us on the way home! Gracias Jepo!

Chris and Vanessa