“Fantastic Lessons/Rentals”

Al Chile Surf Shop and School
More attraction details
Owner description: Al Chile Surfcamp and School offer you the ultimate surfing experience here in Santa Teresa. We have a wide variety of boards varying from long boards, fun boards, performance boards and boogie boards. We run an excellent surf school with a variety of teachers. Whether you are a complete beginner looking for lessons or an experienced surfer here to enjoy our amazing waves - come check us out!
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My new wife and I just spent a week there for our honeymoon and rented surfboards and took 4 lessons from Al Chile Surf Shop. We had lessons with Palomeo (spelling?) and had an amazing time. He spent a ton of time with us and drove us all over to find the best surfing! He was fun, cracking jokes and always super encouraging. As we progressed in our surfing ability he would bring different boards to fit our skill level. What a great time! My leash broke one day after the lesson and they noticed we were walking along the beach with it broken and opened their store just to replace it on the spot without waiting! They are amazing, can't say enough good things about them.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Last June, a few buddies and I stayed in Santa Teresa for a week and a half. We rented our boards from Esther who was super nice and helpful, giving us some tips on local conditions and the like. The boards were in fantastic shape, rental rates were pretty good, and they were really flexible on us not committing to a certain number of days or anything (we weren't sure how long we'd be in each place). You should definitely go check them out!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The shop owners, Esther and Palomyllo, make your surfing trip the best it can be. They are super friendly, have excellent customer service and are great surfing instructors. You cannot ask for a better experience. Im so glad this is who Chica Surf Adventures has paired up with in Costa Rica. It made the trip a most awesome adventure!!

1  Thank j h
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had the pleasure of having Esther as my surf instructor while visiting Costa Rica with Chica Surf Adventures. She was amazing! I loved her to pieces! I can't imagine going back to Costa without a visit to Al Chile and a surf lesson from Esther!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Only rented a board but the service was top notch! I could pop in anytime to get more wax put on at no charge. Esther and her team are extremely friendly and strive to provide great service. Whether you're renting a board, looking for lessons or just have questions in regards to surfing in the area I highly recommend Al Chile!