“Great Place Great Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Teresa Hostel

Santa Teresa Hostel
Truo
“Great Place Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Came across this place by pure luck, planned on staying for 2 days and ended up staying for 8 days. As a young couple we prefer to stay in a private room and usually have to pay a little bit more to do so but this hostel was very reasonable. Not only were the rooms a very good price but to our surprise they included a private bathroom, T.V. and A.C. The staff were very friendly and the owner/operator (Memo) was awesome, he showed us around the small town and gave us a few hints of where to get the most chill sunset session. Kitchen was great and when a pan got old or dirty Memo would replace it with a new one.

There is a small pool in the hostel which was nice but the big seller for me was a relatively new pool table where you could chill have a beer and meet new people.

This is a nice chill hostel which allows enough privacy to relax if you want but also has a good party atmosphere if that is what you are looking for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hostel owners, Barboza and Gregory, have a created a really cool atmosphere that is not only laid back but also friendly. They became friends during my days there while they take me surfing as well as ATV riding. The nights were relaxing and fun while we chilled at the hostel playing pool and listening to music. The kitchen was one of the more spacious and well equipped that I found during my trek through Costa Rica. I opted for a private room which they offer at an affordable price. It had a private bath and A/C. I slept great. Barboza went out his way to make sure that I made it to my ferry for my return trip calling favors for me. I'm friends with each of them on Facebook and I hope to see them again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Santa Teresa Hostel back in April 2012. We stumbled across it as we got off the bus in Santa Teresa. Memo greeted us as we entered and was willing to show us a room. The rooms were so clean and the price was cheap! We had our own bathrooms and the most amazing thing of all, we had air conditioning! The best part of this hostel too is the location. The grocery store was right below us so we were able to cook our own meals. Also, the hostel is right across from a spa and the beach. The spa is where you can receive facials, massages, and even take outdoor yoga classes. Aside from the location, the customer service that Santa Teresa Hostel provided was anything short of excellent. We were advised on the best places to eat, visit, and surf. Memo went as far as to contact someone for our own private surf lessons, which was amazing. All in all I had the best experience in Santa Teresa and I owe it all in large part to my stay at this hostel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Carrboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I had a great time at the place. It hostel was new and very clean. The management was very hospitable and always helped us. They told us what to do at night and even volunteered to give us surfing lessons. It's also at a good location. The beach is a short walk away. There are surf shops, restaurants, and a grocery that are literally next door.

The price was comparable to other hostels, but this hostel was cleaner and quieter. We went during low season, so if you're traveling alone, you might want to stay at a more crowded, but less clean hostel, just for the company.

Room Tip: I had a suite with its own bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This Hostle is such an amazing place. I stayed there for almost 2 weeks and had a blessed. The rooms are clean as well as the kitchen and bathrooms. Downstairs is an supermarket - you get there everything you need. At night it is quit but just a 5 -10minutes walk to the party spots. There is a Surferstore as well where you can borrow a surfboard& siuts, so its such a good place to surf! Beach is just across the street (200m).The Hosts are really nice people, always willing to help out and share some local informations. I was traveling by my own and met a lot of nice people there. I will stay there another time for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The Lizard Lounge in Santa Teresa is an awesome little hostel in the perfect spot. It's not too close to the crazy 'cruce' area (crossroads area with the bank, pharmacy etc) so it's quiet at night. However, it's right above a grocery store so you can buy your food and take it right upstairs (no heavy bags to carry up the dusty road). I also love that it's right in front of a fun surf break so it only takes less than 2 minutes to walk from your room to the sand. There aren't a lot of hostels at this price point (cheap!) with the same kind of quality and amenities (love the pool table!) The only bummer was that the jacuzzi wasn't ready when I was there. Pura vida!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Tiamat Lodge
Tiamat Lodge
#19 of 56 in Santa Teresa
5.0 of 5 stars 12 reviews

Been to Santa Teresa Hostel? Share your experiences!