“Calmer waves for learning to surf”
Review of Playa Hermosa

Playa Hermosa
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was a great beach to learn how to surf, especially during a large swell. My favorite part of this beach was the fresh coconut water vendor. The coconut water was the best I've ever had, right out of a chilled coconut and so thirst quenching after surfing for a couple of hours.

2  Thank kathylynne1
"tide pools"
in 13 reviews
"low tide"
in 14 reviews
"best beach in the area"
in 6 reviews
in 8 reviews
"laid back"
"nicoya peninsula"

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went to this beach even though it was a little out of the way bc it was calmer, wider and less crowded. My husband learned to surf while I pitched my hammock up between two palm trees. Lovely.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I love this beach in Santa Teresa...it is quite remote and has gorgeous lush vegetation lining the beach behind. A great place to go and chilll with your book in the shade or to surf your days away. Love it here! Pura Vida!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was the perfect beach for our family to learn to surf. Uncrowned and lots of "foam" to learn on. Can't wait to go back.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This Beach was one of my favorite. We road our bikes here from our place at Alma a 15 minute ride. The Tide pools were out of this world never been to a tide pool they were warm clear turquoise white sand soft & magical glistening in the sun!
The waves were sweet the water smooth. We did Yoga in the tide pool area never will forget this in my memory!)