“Wonderful trip… we will be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Florblanca Resort

Florblanca Resort
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
“Wonderful trip… we will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We travelled with my family of three children, my mom, my sister and her family of 4 in March and had the best trip! The hotel is beautiful, location is great and the staff are very kind. The pool area is great, very relaxing along. The hotel isn't very big, only 11 villas and the surf house. In March you definitely want AC in the bedrooms, so look for that in your lodging. We had to move to the surf house for a few days because we booked late and while the bedrooms are great (2.5) and the view amazing… the shower is pretty bad and should be improved. The actual villas are amazing, outdoor showers, AC bedrooms, wonderful outdoor lanai areas with hammocks .The foliage all around the villas makes it all seem very cozy….even when the monkeys are noisy in the mornings! The food was very good too! The surfer burrito in the morning is so good as are the fish tacos for lunch. The front desk was very helpful with anything we needed. We loved this hotel!

Room Tip: All the Villas are great.. number 5 is closet to the road (and farthest back from the beach)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Southport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our last night at the hotel, as I was enjoying the sunset, I had the privilege of witnessing a group of newly hatched sea turtles making their way to the ocean (Right in front of the hotel!)

My wife and I have been back to Florblanca 3 times now and each time offers new found adventures and unparalleled luxury.

Horseback riding through the Caletas Ario Nature Reserve is spectacular. I will never forget riding along the beach with huge palms on one side, orange with the light of the sun setting over the Pacific. So fun and romantic!

The food is amazing. Let me save you some time… Get the surfer burrito (or the healthy morning) for breakfast, Baja fish tacos for lunch, and the seared tuna for dinner. Also the made-to-order ice cream sandwich for dessert is delicious. As you’re dining you’ll hear the the deep base of the waves from the ocean and the tropical birds overhead. The atmosphere is incredible.

The waterfall tour in montezuma is a little commercialized but the 2nd waterfall jump is no joke. It is not for the faint of heart!

The spa is an oasis in the jungle. Anytime I couldn’t find my wife she was lost somewhere in the spa. As an athlete, I am more of a deep tissue massage type. no pain, no gain. Maricel can bring the pain. If you need a deep tissue massage, ask for her. The bamboo architecture of the spa is so peaceful and calming. If you can’t relax here, you can’t relax.

Florblanca is located between two great surf (beach) breaks: Playa Santa Teresa (Walking distance) and Playa Hermosa (short drive). I really liked the convenience of being able to just grab a board from the surf shack and walk down to Playa Santa Teresa. There was never much of a crowd and the surf was always fun.

The staff at Florblanca are what makes this place truly shine. They are helpful, smart and funny and love where they work. Maybe that is why we see the same smiling faces each time we return, Oscar, Lupe, Stefano, Esteban, Pelon just to name a few. I can’t think of a time when i wasn’t greeted with a warm smile and a good attitude.

Pilates at the hotel is second to none.They have a great studio and very knowledgable instructors. My wife took a private lesson with Jen and was raving about how great the session was. The studio is beautiful, overlooks the ocean, has AC and all the equipment you need. (Reformer, Cadillac, orbit, etc.)

There is no adventure quite like the fishing tours at Florblanca. Going to the Mal Pais fishing village alone is a cultural experience that I don’t think any traveler should miss. As you watch the fisherman roll your panga (boat) into the water on logs you know your in for something special. Perhaps the best part about the experience is the convenience. Your able to literally catch big game fish right off the coast: Mahi, Sailfish, Tuna, you name it. Then you bring it back to the hotel and have the chef prepare it to your liking.

The villas are a great blend of outdoor / indoor living. My favorite part about them are the bathrooms. The rain shower heads are enormous and its not everyday that you can look up and see the jungle while your bathing (and maybe a few howler monkeys!). The bedrooms are all air conditioned and the beds are plush. One thing that you’ll notice in the villas and all over Florblanca is that they use the most beautiful teak wood for the beds, the doors, and furniture. As my builder friend always says, “the difference is in the details” and this detail gives the whole place a very warm and rich feel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pda1983
FlorblancaManager, General Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for staying with us, and returning once again to Florblanca. We find so much joy in seeing familiar faces come back year after year. Your review really hit home to us because you summed up our mission in the title "Luxury and Adventure." We strive to give all of our guests the best of luxury while allowing everyone to dive right into all adventure that surrounds us.

We are are delighted you enjoyed the food, and we agree the fish tacos and burritos are not to be missed! They are two of our favorites.

Until your next visit, we wish you and your wife the very best. Thank you again for staying with us, and taking the time to write this review.

Pura Vida,
Cody Dillon
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The banana bread breakfast dish was fabulous! We also enjoyed the lunch menu. We were able to try a few dishes for breakfast and lunch during our visit to Santa Teresa. We did not stay at the resort but enjoyed the grounds and walkways.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank kerchant
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband and I have been going to Florblanca for the last 8 years for our anniversary. Over the last 8 years we've missed 2 anniversaries here for various reasons. Our anniversary is just not the same anymore unless spent at Florblanca! Some of the staff at this resort have been there since the very first time we visited Florblanca, many of the other staff have still been there over a period of years that we've visited and they always remember us! In my opinion when you have a low turn over of employees that has to tell you what kind of place it is and how it's run! The staff have always gone over and above for us and have become our Costa Rican family! I recently read where some of the reviews talk about the staff/service not being up to par. This really saddens me because from the very first time there the staff and service have always been impeccable! People need to remember this is another country, you are on vacation and to relax and just go with the flow! The resort itself is amazing! The beaches are wonderful! During low tide the natural pools in the rocks are to die for! You can also walk south of Florblanca about 5 minutes and swim during low or even high tide or take an ATV(so much fun to do) a couple miles north to Hermosa beach and swim during both tides. It's fun to just relax on the beach and watch the surfers, or get a boogy board and jump in the waves yourself! We've taken our children there and a variety of friends over the years and they ALL love it! Honestly there's nothing to not love about Florblanca and the entire surrounding area. It may be a little rustic for some but to us that's the true beauty of this part of Costa Rica!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debg44
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Florblanca went above and beyond our expectations as they hosted a week of wedding festivities as well as our WEDDING! We could not be happier with the outcome of the trip as was our family and friends who traveled from all over the world to celebrate this special time with us.

We had our "Welcome" cocktail hour at Florblanca a few nights before the wedding and the Cody as well as her staff made sure everything was absolutely PEFECT! For starters they set up the event beautifully, complete with TIKI torches to really set the mood right. Cody even went so far as helping me find a local band to play during cocktail hour. She had great communication and we were able to set up the entire menu before hand and EVERYTHING Cody recommended was INCREDIBLE!

The week of our wedding Cody and the Florblanca staff made sure that all of our guests were well taken care of and made sure to accommodate all of our needs! Shannon even instructed my bridesmaids and me in a private yoga class, while the groomsmen were surfing in a "surf contest!"

WEDDING-My husband and I are just speechless over how perfectly everything went off, especially for planning in California and not traveling to Costa Rica until the week of the wedding! From the moment my husband and I picked Florblanca as our venue, Cody made everything so easy! She sent us a list of recommended wedding planners, photographers, and even met us in Newport Beach to discuss menu options! I can honestly say everyone she set us up with made our wedding so beyond beautiful and perfect.

FLORBLANCA- Cody set up the "getting ready" Villa to overlook the ceremony location, so as the day went on I was watching them set up for our wedding. My husband and I loved Florblanca so much that we stayed there for 3 days after the wedding before going on our honeymoon. The food is incredible and they offer a FANTASTIC complimentary breakfast at the Nektar restaurant each morning! Their pool and pool side service is also a must do! You can sit in the pool, sipping on a tasty cocktail and look right up and watch the monkeys in the trees, directly above you!!

We stayed at the Honeymoon house and it is a huge, beautifully decorated, and secluded villa! Each night while we were out, the staff would come in and light all the candles, and place flower petals on the extremely comfortable bed…not to mention they gave us a complimentary delicious bottle of champagne along with a fruit platter!

Our entire experience at Florblanca was absolutely perfect thanks to all the hard work of Cody and her staff. All of our guests were first timers to Costa Rica and they all loved their stay so much, they are all already planning their next trip Florblanca!

While most people experience stress planning their wedding, we experienced ease and excitement thanks to all the hard work of everyone at Florblanca.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie C
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed last weekend with my wife to celebrate 4 year anniversary..couldn´t chose beter resort and beach. Villas are huge! view to the ocean is great, please make sure to ask for villa 1!!! Food was great, there are great restaurants in town butNectar Restaurant is definitely the best food in town! Staff was great, always smiling and eager to help! I love it!

Room Tip: Request a villa closer to the ocean!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank eoreamuno
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a quiet and secluded luxury resort in Costa Rica for our ten year wedding anniversary and we found it in Florblanca. We were spoiled from the moment we arrived. Friendly staff took care of our every need for the duration of our stay. The weather cooperated, the wildlife was active and the beach was fantastic. The food was great, the drinks were better, the spa was relaxing and the hotel has aligned themselves with some fantastic excursion companies. Santa Teresa is well located for surfing, rain forest tours, bikes into town, horseback riding. We highly recommend the ATV excursion to the waterfall. Simply amazing. The open air suite was great, the hammock was a favourite and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. We have been recommending Florblanca to all of our friends who are thinking of Costa RIca.

Room Tip: Not a bad suite on the resort. All are big but the honeymoon suite is huge and very secluded with a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manala Hotel
Manala Hotel
#11 of 27 in Santa Teresa
5.0 of 5 stars 313 reviews

Been to Florblanca Resort? Share your experiences!