We stayed at Florblanca Reserva for 3 nights of our honeymoon. $650/night is a hefty sum but we figured we'd splurge for our honeymoon.
However, we could have spent that money better elsewhere.
The Reserva which advertises itself as eco-friendly and sustainable is extremely rustic. We had stray cats, giant wasps, lizards, big red crabs, spiders, bats, you name it in our bedroom. I barely slept for the 3 nights we were there! The mosquito net helped, but not enough at $650 per night! One night, I didn't brush my teeth because there were simply too many insects and other animals in our outdoor bathroom and I wasn't willing to brave it.
Service was friendly and well-meaning, but ultimately we were frustrated that the restaurant/bar closed at 9pm, that our cabana wasn't very clean, that nobody answered the phone or returned our many calls and e-mail when we tried to arrange transportation to the resort from the nearby ferry upon arrival, etc.
There were no shuttle services in to town, so if you aren't driving your own car, you will have to walk the 3km (or bike). The food was excellent at Florblanca Reserva (and Florblanca) if pricey - no meals are included so for 2 people, you'll add about $25 to your total bill each day at breakfast, another $70 - $100 at dinner, etc.).
I believe that for $200 per night, our experience at FlorBlanca would have been rustic yet acceptable and adventuresome...but at luxury rates, it was a frustrating experience.
I understand the non-Reserva part of Florblanca is less rustic, but still has many similar issues regarding animals and such as we learned from other guests.
As a comment on MalPais, if you are not into surfing, this place is probably not for you. There are no cute restaurants/beachfront bars to speak of in the "town" and the beach has more debris along it than I've ever seen anywhere!
If you are going to go to Mal Pais, maybe stay at Milarepa which seemed reasonable when we walked by...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our accommodations offer complete privacy and luxury surrounded by beautiful gardens and views of the Pacific Ocean. All villas are only steps away from the surf, open -air dining, our new Spa Bambu, fitness center, a yoga and Pilates studio, and other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Florblanca Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florblanca Hotel Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Costa Rica/Santa Teresa