“Stunning” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Toronto, Canada
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Flor blanca is stunning, no question about it. The grounds are perfectly manicured with exotic flowers everywhere. The villas are very large, chic and have everything you could ever want and more. Yoga classes with Steffano: he has become a legend to anyone who has ever done yoga and visited mal pais or santa teresa, people come from all over just for his class. The food was okay, i expected allot more from it, the selection was limited to only 5 or so per menu and being a picky eater i was only able to find one thing on the breakfast menu (eggs Benedict which is amazing), nothing on the lunch menu, stay far from the tacos they are soggy and less than desirable, dinner was Alright, We much preferred other restaurants in town such as Breezes, Marys and Amichi.

Room Tip: I'm sure there all great.
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank MissLaFlamme
FlorblancaManager, General Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to write your review. We agree that Florblanca is stunning. The setting is one of a kind with plentiful tropical flowers and an abundance of natural beauty everywhere. This is part of what makes Florblanca so special. You are right about yoga, Stefano is a legend. He is the best of the best, and people do travel here year after year just to practice with him. For those yogis looking to be challenged, he will do just that. And for the beginners, Stefano will have you hooked on your daily practice. We do offer a limited menu at night due to being a small restaurant, but just recently began creating some delicious lunch and dinner specials such as grilled lobsters, additional healthy salads with fresh fish, and more. We will be looking to better our fish tacos. Thanks for the honest feedback.

We wish you a great year, and hope to have you back someday soon. Again, thank you for staying with us. Pura Vida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

WOW! What an incredible place! Florablanca is truly amazing! My husband and I spent a week there on our honeymoon in December 2012. We had an absolute blast and it was pure paradise. The staff was unbelievably nice and accommodating in every way. I cant say enough good things about this resort. We loved the people,atmosphere,food, and everything else about the resort so much that we never once left the resort during our week stay at the resort. We had planned to go to other restaurants but the food was so delicious at Nectar that we didn't want to go anywhere else. The Surfers burrito and the Electric Lemonade are absolutely incredible. The Sushi too!! Thanks to everyone at Florablanca for one of the very best weeks of my life! WIsh we were still there.... no doubt we will be back! If anyone is trying to decide whether or not to go to Florablanca, DO IT!!! you'll never look back and you will have many wonderful memories that will last a lifetime! Anne Carter and Mike MacNabb

1 Thank Anne H
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I can't not say enough about my stay at Florblanca. Everything from the staff, food, location, comfort, service and even other guests were amazing. My boyfriend and I have traveled a lot and have been to many different hotels but this far exceeded any other place we have been to. Florblanca offers you everything you need to never leave. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: You won't go wrong with any room. Each villa has it's own perfect location and all are tuck...
1 Thank Rory R
Dover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The food was incredible and fresh. We loved all the innovative cocktails as well. The staff so friendly and cool. Best massage we have ever had at the spa. We loved the loved the relaxed luxe vibe....location was amazing, but swimming is treacherous right in front of the hotel during high tide. We love Santa Teresa as a surf town, great restaurants everywhere. Would definitely go back, even though it is expensive....

Room Tip: They are all amazing...The surf house is cheaper, and the bathroom and decor reflects that, but the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Santa Monica, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am a wildlife enthusiast, if not a wildlife nut! For someone who has no pets, I seem to spend most of my vacations viewing wildlife from the mountain gorillas in Rwanda & Uganda to the sharks of Cuba and Tikehau. The howler monkeys, who like to fill the trees of Florblanca, were the most spectacular part of the resort for me. I could watch them for hours and may return just to see them. However, the staff, food, property, spa and overall pura vida aire of Florblanca beckons me as well. We saw no reason to eat anywhere else than Florblanca as the food is some of the best and they always have a savory cocktail of the day. My husband and I loved the local surfing & riding ATV's together. We had a wonderful guide who took us to the waterfall and to Montezuma. I wish I had more time to spend a day on some of the secluded beaches. I have a special connection with the area as I spent the summer of 1986! with a program called Amigos de las Americas in nearby Cobano. The manager of Florblanca knew one of the host families and I was able to stop by their home on my way to the airport to drop off a gift. I had not returned since 1986 and while the area is a bit more developed, it has been well preserved! While we were pretty active, I wish I had not been so lazy and participated in more of the amazing yoga in the studio with the open view to the water with their very talented instructor. I can still hear the crash of the surf! I tried to go bird watching three different mornings, but was rained out. Another reason to return! I must see the birds! The rain passes quickly when it comes, but makes the birds hide. We had a wonderful bungalow with a direct ocean view. My only bit of feedback is to recommend the hotel pick up the garbage on the beach to the west side which rolls in with the surf. The place is too beautiful for anyone to see garbage. The staff could not have been more helpful. When I landed in Miami, I realized I had screwed up my connection to the one flight of the day to Tambor. I called Florblanca and the amazing Cindy quickly arranged for a puddle jumper flight to take me over, as simple as calling a cab. Our return flight from San Jose to LAX was cancelled and again we had to call the puddle jumper. Both the planes were really nice. Next time, I want to look into flying into Liberia airport. Flying through Miami makes the travel time long from LA. The staff makes you feel at home here. There is a reason Costa Ricans are noted as some of the happiest people in the world. You will feel pure pura vida at Florblanca!

Room Tip: Look on the map of the rooms provided on website!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and me have been in this amazing hotel for our weeding. We have been travelling a lot in Costa Rica but this hotel is the nicest place we have ever been!!!!. The beach is just beautiful, the food was allways delicious and our villa was so incredible, whit an open bathroom, extra bedroom and livingroom whit a hammock. Its so quiet and we could relaxed very well and we loved the nature, we felt like being in the jungle. The staf is so extremly helpful and friendly. Our weeding day was just perfect and we are so so very happy that we could spend our nicest day of our life in Florblanca!!! We are just dreaming for coming back to this amazing place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
FlorblancaManager, Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We know there are lots of choices when deciding where you would get married, and we are so happy we got to be a part of it and offer you the perfect spot for celebrating your love. It was our joy to host your elegant beachside wedding, and make your special day one to remember always. You are correct that Florblanca is like living in the jungle, and we are delighted you enjoyed that part of your stay. We wish you a life time of love and happiness. Please come back to see us soon. Pura Vida.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I went to Florblanca on the recombination of a trusted friend. I did zero research before heading down there. I could not have been more pleased. This was my 3rd time in Costa Rica and Florblanca was by far the nicest place I have stayed at. The beds were comfortable and the open air rooms were amazing! It's the only place I've seen that is able to give you the open air experience and still include AC in the bedrooms. The staff was extremely courteous and accommodating. I have a gluten allergy, which is always a challenge for me while traveling in Central and South America- not at Florblanca. There were plenty of options on the menu and everything was delicious, and the staff all new about my allergy and steered me clear of gluten. The chef was happy to accommodate personalized orders. If you are looking for a break from the rat race, you won't need to leave the property. If you are like me and can't sit still, I recommend the following activities:

1. Horseback riding at Nat's farm - incredibly beautiful cattle ranch on the beach with plenty of monkeys and beautiful wildlife. Casey was our guide and new an incredible amount about the farm and the wildlife.

2. Hiking the waterfalls at Montezuma - it's an easy hike to the first fall, but if you are up for a short and challenging hike, head to the top and reward your self with a spectacular view, warm water and a fun jump from the top. Carlos was our adopted guide. I don't know how to find him, but if you end up with Carlos, you'l be in good hands.

3. Surf- great surfing is a 2 minute walk down the beach and Florblanca supplies the boards at no extra charge.

4. Yoga- the yoga was challenging and refreshing.

5. Spa- I hear the best part about the Florblanca is the spa, although in full disclosure, I did not use any of the spa services.

6. Food - the restaurant next door at Milarepa was delicious!

Room Tip: Villa 2 was extremely quiet, but I would guess that all the rooms are equally quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Josh G
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and we are delighted that Florblanca exceeded your expectations based on your friends recommendation. It was our pleasure to make sure that our restaurant, Nectar, had many gluten free options for you to eat. After all, eating is one of the best parts to a great vacation! Horseback riding on the local farm and hiking the waterfall in Montezuma are two of our favorite jungle excursions as they both give you a real glimpse into the local life here. We hope you will come visit us again soon. Until then, all the best from all of us at Florblanca. Pura Vida.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Teresa
Manala Hotel
Manala Hotel
#11 of 27 in Santa Teresa
5.0 of 5 stars 313 reviews

Been to Florblanca Resort? Share your experiences!