There are so many amazing things to say about Florblanca, its tough to figure out where to start!
First of all, Costa Rica as a country is an unbelievable place to visit: beautiful, safe, fresh food, the nicest people you'll ever meet, breathtaking beaches, ridiculous jungles, wildlife everywhere you look, and just a overall welcoming vibe. Mal Pais, where Florblanca is located, takes these elements to another level, and then there is the hotel itself...
I had been to Costa Rica many times in the past for surf trips with buddies, and had stayed in Mal Pais on one trip, but had never been to Florblanca. This summer, after a long stint at work, my girlfriend (who had never been to Costa Rica) and I decided to treat ourselves. We'd been told by friends how amazing it was, but were in no way prepared for just how perfect an experience it would be.
As soon as we arrived everything we came across surpassed our expectations. The staff operated with that perfect balance of being there to help when you needed them, but without ever being intrusive. Whenever we needed anything, they went out of their way to help, securing ATVs for us, tipping us off to local spots, arranging for a prescription when we needed one last minute, and taking us out for tennis!! Christian and Cindy in particular were amazing, and became good friends by the end of the trip. And Cody, who manages the hotel, took care of us from afar until arriving at the very end of our stay to have a drink with us and one last surf session.
In terms of the accommodations, each room is essentially a private house, with open air living rooms, open air bathrooms, and air conditioned bedrooms. Often times hotel websites have misleading pictures of rooms, so we were shocked when we realized the pictures actually fall short of how beautiful the rooms really are.
The hotel grounds are equally impressive. Immaculate landscaping, a gorgeous pool, a high-end bar and restaurant, a yoga facility, and just a jaw-dropping spa (again, the pics don't do it justice).
For the first few days we ended up eating all of our meals at the hotel, basically enjoying our surroundings and getting used to it all. Once we were ready to venture out, Christian and Cindy told us about a bunch of other great restaurants nearby, and we hit all of them - found a great breakfast spot, a romantic restaurant up in the hills for dinner, and a sushi restaurant nestled in the jungle run by a Japanese surfer (Koji - so good!!)
We stayed for eight days total, and I can say with certainty that its the best trip either of us have been on. The setting, the hotel, and the people (again, thank you Christian, Cindy and Cody!!!) made it a place we'll return to as often as we can.
With much appreciation,
Jon & Joanna
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our accommodations offer complete privacy and luxury surrounded by beautiful gardens and views of the Pacific Ocean. All villas are only steps away from the surf, open -air dining, our new Spa Bambu, fitness center, a yoga and Pilates studio, and other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Florblanca Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florblanca Hotel Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Costa Rica/Santa Teresa