Florblanca Resort
Nautilus Boutique Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$97
$94
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$135
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Villas Solar(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$75
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$81
Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$25
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$110
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotels.com
Fuego Lodge(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$70
Playa Cielo(Santa Teresa)
$143
All reviewssurf houseflor blancaopen airnectar restauranthorseback ridingcosta ricaliving roomsushihowler monkeyscoconut crabyoga and pilatesother restaurants in the areacouples massagecanopy bedwalk minutesspa treatmentsthe entire staff
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My husband and I recently returned from our honeymoon in Costa Rica. We were there for two weeks and stayed at numerous hotels- including the Four Seasons- and Florblanca was far and away the best experience we had during our trip. The small villas, the stunning spa, the incredible food, and the overall vibe were beyond our expectations.

The villas are spacious and romantic, the hammock really sealed the deal for us. It was raining almost everyday and being able to read while listening the waves and relaxing with my new hubby on the veranda was incredibly romantic and special. The villas are super clean and neat and it truly felt like we had our own little home in Costa Rica! The open air bathrooms were wonderful and reading some of the reviews on this site- honestly, its Costa Rica and things stay damp. If you bring in your wet bathing suits to the main bedroom and lay them out there they will dry- NBD.

I surfed everyday on Hermosa beach, did some super fun shopping in Mal Pais and practiced yoga every morning with the exceptional Stefano. There was so much to do and see and experience that the time just flew by- yet another reason why we cannot wait to come back.

What really stood our about the hotel was how personal the service was. I felt like I was home, which is super important to me. I could ask the staff for anything and rest assured I would get it, but also I felt like I could stop and chat with them and ask about the favorite local spot to eat. Everyone who worked there- from Spencer the Executive Chef at Nectar, the therapists at Bambu, the waitstaff and the concierge made the trip memorable and exceptional. The level of service and overall hospitality was really outstanding and it is one of the reasons why we are definitely going to return!

Room Tip: Villa 1- right on the beach1 Has the most privacy and killer views!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WaschWasHere
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Love.

The moment we stepped into Florblanca was like a dream. Florblanca, meaning white flower coveted all over the enchanted wonderland as you enter. Exotic salamanders, monkeys, and little crabs welcome you home in this rainforest haven. We stayed in the honeymoon suite which was on the beach, just footsteps away from paradise. The honeymoon suite was covered with little pink petals and each night there were chocolate gems and candles lit when we returned from surfing and flower picking. Read and sketch on your own luxurious hammock (outdoor and indoor) and choose from many books in your downstairs powder room. Or, daydream on your private tundra upstairs with the monkeys and watch the waves watching you and your lover dance the moonlit night away.

Esteban and Cody were delightful catering to our needs whenever needed, welcoming us with ice tea and gave us a detailed tour of the restaurant and gorgeous spa when we arrived. They were so helpful and help made the week perfect. I actually left my top behind and Cody mailed it back to New York! Thank you Florblanca!

This would not have been possible if it weren't for my dear Rob. For the most romantic non-honeymoon honeymoon, incredible birthday surprise, most memorable 3rd date ever.
♥ HSH Florblanca ♥

Love,
Nami and Rob
Nashville/Houston/NYC

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K0NAMI
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Words cannot begin to describe the imaginings of FlorBlanca! My husband and I renewed our wedding vows in his beautiful land of enchantment - it was astonishing to say the least! Renewing our vows was a surprise for my husband and the staff at FlorBlanca kept it a secret throughout all of our planning. My husband, who doesn't show emotion often, was overwhelmed with the surprise ceremony and was fighting back the tears and emotions when reciting his vows! Everything about FlorBlanca exceeded our wildest expectations! The service we received began even before we arrived at this incredibly beautiful resort in Costa Rica and it continued throughout our stay. FlorBlanca made us feel so special throughout our entire stay. The privacy between villas makes a person feel as though they are the only ones on a deserted island with a fabulous staff of people to make them comfortable. Cody, the general manager, created the most stunning setting for us to exchange our vows on the property and we are indebted to her for officiating our celebration (my heart still flutters and my eyes still weap when I re-live that special night at FlorBlanca with Cody). Our anniversary dinner followed our vow exchange that evening and was celebrated by the pool in the private dojo - it was an unbelievable reality! The ocean provided the backdrop and the flowers and candles in the dojo provided the magic. Spencer, the chef, took the time to visit us and introduce himself to us. What a great guy! He even went so far as to prepare some special appetizers for us as a surprise which we devoured immediately - they were so delicious! Our concierge took care of our every need and never once made us feel as though we were burdening him - just another terrific person we were fortunate to cross paths with at FlorBlanca. Of course, I could not be writing this review had it not been for the reservations manager making sure that all of our transportation needs were met so that we arrived safely to FlorBlanca. Seriously, the staff at FlorBlanca are truly wonderful people. As for our room, we were in Villa #1. We had an ocean view and it was spectacular. Our villa was perfect and we loved the outdoor bathroom. The howler monkeys were a joy as was all the wildlife. Housekeeping did a phenomenal job at lighting the candles in our villa before we arrived back after a day out; but, nothing surprised us more as when we returned from our anniversary dinner to find that all the candles in our villa were lit, flower petals were designed on our bed to resemble flowers along with an anniversary gift bag! We were so happy. This experience in FlorBlanca ranks at the top of the scale for harmony, experience, pleasure, delight, peace, beauty, happiness and just the sheer authenticity of the staff and surrounding nature...for us, FlorBlanca surpassed our actual wedding and honeymoon in Maui! FlorBlanca does it right and happily goes above and beyond to provide guests with the most unbelievable wonderland experience! If I had to say anything negative about our time at FlorBlanca, it would have to be that we had to say "goodbye" and "see you again soon!" We did not want to leave and will definitely go back. The pure goodness of FlorBlanca is intoxicating and we became better people for having experienced FlorBlanca and the tremendous people who cared about our happiness. Thank you all so much for everything!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We spent 6 days at Florblanca in August 2011. The resort was lovely, quiet and beautifully maintained. The individual villas are secluded and surrounded by greenery. We loved the outdoor rooms, hammock was great. It is the "green season", and thus rained almost every day or overnight for a short time, but that didn't detract from a great stay. Yoga was wonderful, within sight of the ocean. We found the restaurant to be quite good, but rather pricey. Take advantage of the bikes available to go and explore the town and enjoy some great restaurants and ambiance.

Room Tip: Villa 3 was beautiful and secluded
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cycleman09
Reviewed August 27, 2011

A friend and I spent 7 nights earlier this month at Florblanca and we loved every minute. You can't expect a friendlier, more professional staff from the receptionist and concierge to the cleaning staff to the restaurant folks. It's a gorgeous setting in the Costa Rican rain forest yet right on the Pacific. The beach is a one-minute walk from the spacious, beautiful rooms that are open in most areas so you feel you're in the forest but have all the privacy you need. The food was out of sight. Chef Spencer Graves has got to be one of the finest anywhere. Whether it was breakfast, lunch, dinner or room service, absolutely everything was terrific. We also liked the nearby towns of Malpais and Santa Teresa--friendly people and great restaurants. Even the monkeys and the iguanas were friendly! This is the first time I've ever written a review of a hotel or resort on Trip Advisor (or anywhere else, for that matter) but our experience was so phenomenal that I just had to let the world know!

Room Tip: Any room would have to be just fine, given the superb location and size of the resort, proximity to the restaurant and ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends