All reviewsbeach frontpura vida adventuresbeach housecosta ricabeachfront bungalowgarden viewsurf campspa serviceshotel groundsprivate porchyoga studiobeautiful beachplaya carmenbanana beachour honeymoongreat surfingamazing experience
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed at Tropico Latino on many occasions. I love to visit Santa Teresa and I love this hotel. The staff are very kind and attentive and take special care of the guests. I love the beachfront location with the swimming pool and walking distance from many great restaurants. I will continue to go back to Tropico Latino since it is one of my favorite hotels. This time the hotel helped me organize an event and they did a great job with the food and preparations of the actiivty.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely/ Warmly people, absolutely great Food, great beach, best view at breakfast, perfect place to relax!

Nothing to complain, thats Paradies!!

Our little daughter Matilda loved this place and the wonderful and warmly atmosphäre! Thanks to Chimmy and the other great boys at the bar and the restaurant! You are fantastic!

We will come back definitely! ;-)
Madlen, Rene and Matilda

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as part of Pura Vida Adventures, surf/yoga retreat. It was very nice. The staff is super friendly and helpful. Rooms were basic and not fancy but large and comfortable. I loved how they are nestled right into the forest with howler monkeys in the trees above.
It’s in a great location. Walking distance to surf, shops, restaurants as well as a beautiful beach with hammocks and ocean view yoga studio.
The food was good. But I really enjoyed dining at the local restaurants for variety.
Get a massage while you’re here. It’s was wonderful.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our 4 night stay at this lovely hotel. The grounds are lush and full of life, the hammocks abundant and the beach is right there. The restaurant prices everything in dollars. It had a restricted menu but was generally good and the staff were lovely and chatty.
Our only problem was that a skunk must have been rummaging around beside our beachside bungalow and one of the dogs that roam freely about day and night must have scared it off. The result was us waking up at 3 am on our second morning to the most horrendous smell and we had to vacate our room and wander the hotel grounds until reception opened at 8am. We then had to repack and got moved rooms to a similar priced room, which wasn’t really what I had planned, however staying in our original room wasn’t an option. On the plus side I did get several hours viewing the howler monkeys in the hotel grounds that morning.
I would suggest that the hotel does something about the outside bins - put a skunk proof / raccoon proof lid on them or empty them more regularly to address this issue.
Overall however this is a great hotel to stay at with lush grounds perfect for relaxing in. The staff were very helpful and spoke good English. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2018

Absolutely amazing resort for intimate "get away" that's not too isolated.

Do not let the "wet season" steer you away! Rain was forecast all week (in July), but it was minimal each day and we got to do everything we could ever want.

Shambala restaurant is absolutely incredible. All natural foods for all meals and best coffee I've ever had. Service was pristine. Get the meal plan if possible. The food is absolutely incredible and it is way cheaper to get the meal plan/honeymoon package rate vs. paying as you go.

Location is second to none. Walking distance from town of Santa Teresa. Great surfing steps from your room and two yoga classes offered daily. Pool is extremely refreshing and plenty of lounge chairs hammocks for napping at the beach.

Great spa. World class massages and treatments to the sound of gentle rain/thunder, crashing waves, and jungle animals.

Concierge EXTREMELY accommodating. Booked multiple tours/activities through verified local venders with incredible results. Completed full review of incidental charges upon departure and ensured everything checked out prior to charging. Ended up saving us nearly $50 of unknown charges. Made perfect recommendations and had answers to any questions we had. Clearly, service to customers is a huge priority here and all workers were kind, courteous, and polite in all services.

10/10 would book again in a heartbeat. A beautiful resort in a beautiful town and a beautiful country. Pura Vida!

Room Tip: Beach Bungalows are isolated and you can hear the waves all day and night!
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple