All reviews beach front pura vida adventures beach house great spa costa rica garden view spa services surf camp beachfront location adirondack chairs yoga retreat tropical paradise hotel grounds facing the ocean beautiful beach yoga platform amazing location
Selected filters
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Great location, great staff. Great surf instructors at Pura Vida Adventures surf and yoga retreat. Clean rooms, food was excellent, very fresh. Pool right at the hotel too. I would return again anytime.

Room tip: I stayed in one of the rooms near the main road, so there was some traffic noise. I would make sure to have an ocean view room next time.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Reviewed February 20, 2018

This is our second time back at Tropico Latino. Evelyn welcomed us back as we checked in. Staff is helpful and friendly.
The room has a rustic vibe and is very large and comfortable. This second-floor room has a private balcony facing the beach.
There are hammocks in various parts of the property and the pool is kept pristine.

Room tip: There are different choices so become familiar with what is available.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank geodi61
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Greetings from sunny Costa Rica! Its great to hear you had a good time and that the staff was helpful :) We are glad you enjoyed the Beach House.

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

What an awesome location, situated right on the beach. The surf instructors were all very patient and knowledgeable. The hotel staff were all local and super friendly. Our family of 4 felt right at home in this little piece of paradise. Love this place and will definitely be back .

Trip type: Traveled with family
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Thank you for your kind comments! I will let my staff know about this and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Neat little bungalows. Two cool resident dogs. Great restaurant. Food and service outstanding. Near everything in Monte Verde. Killer views from every room. The roads are terrible, still worth the trip!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Thank you for your kind comments!

Reviewed February 14, 2018

I am reading through some of these reviews and I have to chime in. I found this place to amazing. I was there for a week during a very busy time of the year so I had to be realistic. It was crowded and people were there to enjoy the holidays! The fri tdrsk staff was extremely nice and attentive to me. I left my passport at Nature Air and they made sure I got it back! They wanted my experience to be wonderful. I am grateful to the nice woman at the front desk she took good care of me. I was a solo traveler and American, certainly not the stereotypical one that the other reviewer Joakim mentioned. I was pleased with my room, the housekeeping, the beach my meals and the all around character of the town. I loved getting out of town. I am lucky if I can get away from my hectic life and job. So I relished laying in my hammock drinking coffee each morning at 5:30 listening to the howler monkeys and the roosters. Thank you. New Year’s Eve was lovely as well. Cheers!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for spending your holiday with us! New years is a special time and we tried to make it that way for everyone :) I will pass on your feedback to our staff. The monkeys will be here next year :)