Hotel Tropico Latino
Nautilus Boutique Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$97
$94
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$81
Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$25
Canaima Chill House(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$71
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$70
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$110
Fuego Lodge(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$70
Playa Cielo(Santa Teresa)
$143
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$400
Travelocity
All reviewspura vida adventuresbeach housecosta ricagreat spagarden viewbeachfront bungalowspa treatmentssurf campfacing the oceanprivate porchtropical paradisehotel groundsbeach chairsmal paisfront porchyoga studiogreat beach
Reviewed February 14, 2014

It´s a beautiful place!
The gardens, the pool, the beach. Everything is near. They have a lot of iguanas. The food of the restaurant was great!!! And there are a lot of good restaurant around (Try Zula... just across the street)
I loved the place.
The service though is not that good, we had to change room one night, and they didn´t offer much help (such as move our bags, or make an effort to have us the new room available the earlier they could...) But to be fair, the service at the restaurant is very good, is the person in charge of the reception who does´t offer mucho help... since it´s an hotel, and this are vacations, I think it will be nicer with more concern by her side.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Overall a very nice place to stay. A good location, convenient to groceries, restauraunts and other things. Very helpful and friendly staff. Beach was not too busy; could find a chair or lounger on beach if you wanted. The restauraunt was good. A variety of room types and all quite private.

Room Tip: prices vary with proximity to beach view and available sleeping space.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2014

How do the great folks at Tropico Latino do it? How do they make tropical garden surrounded bungalows, just a few paces from an exotic, magical, tropical beach … Take on such a feeling of Home for visitors?
It’s not just me. I hear the same words spoken by other visitors too, like “magical”, “home-away-from-home”,… and more often than not you don’t hear, the Staff referred to as “Housekeeper, Waiter, Gardener, Chef, or Office Manager”, ….. You hear guests happily refer to … “Melina”, “Arnoldo”, “Martin”, “Randy”, “Evelyn”. It’s always great to look back on a trip and see along with the places, … also faces.
Tropico, and the surrounding area is safe, friendly, with a touch of “peaceful adventure”. A female friend went with us this year who loves to walk. She walked alone with camera in hand, at least 10 miles every day, early morning, and past dark, exploring hills, beaches, the various small communities. She was amazed at how easy and comfortable she felt all the time.
I go for the surfing. I’ve never had less than great conditions. But this unique break attracts both first time beginners and experts from all over the world. The “inside” break is an easy little whitewater in waist deep warm waters. The outside gets anywhere from 6 feet the 12 foot waves …. Beautiful walls that break over sand. When the different skill levels occasionally mix in the water, I have never in my travels seen the exuberant fellowship exhibited here. It’s wonderful to see a “hard core” expert hoot on encouragement for a novice who has decided to try out the “big action”.
But Tropico is also one of the best places to take non-surfing partners along. With yoga classes available twice a day, therapeutic massage, skin and body care treatments, swimming pool, bar/restaurant … all in a tropical garden …. Wow. Oh yes AND …. The famous Tropico hammocks strung in a shady palm grove overlooking the surf. We’ve taken kids ranging from ages 7 to 11. Totally safe, no dangerous animals, snakes, etc. It amazes me every time, as to how much time the kids will spend just poking around and exploring. And nearby are Canopy Tours, Waterfall Hikes, Snorkeling, Fishing, Horseback Riding, ATVS, …. and more. Tropico has plenty of free wi-fi for keeping up with friends or business back home BUT (one of my favorite things about Tropico) No TV on the premises! I’ve known the House Keeper since she was working at the Tropico as teenager, so I leave my stuff all over the room, but there are room safes and 24 hour security on the grounds. The Office folks can, I’ve discovered, arrange just about anything and follow up on your questions or desired activities, to arrange it so it’s really a “no brainer” an easy easy event for you.
The Tropico Restaurant is fantastic. The Chef is truly an artist with presentation and tastes such a real experience every meal. And within walking distance is enough other really great restaurants, you could literally eat dinner at a different place every day for a month.
I find getting to know the international mix of Tropico guests fun (one couple from Sweden took us up on our invitation and visited us here in the States!). But it’s also easy to come, be quiet, and to yourself. No one pesters you for activities. There are guests I have spent a week around, and the only thing we shared was a smile and a friendly nod at the traditional sunset gatherings that goes along the beach each evening.
If you need to be constantly entertained, with “Club Med” activities, if you need to rock out at discos, or Pro Sports TV …. Don’t bother with the Tropico. It’s not for you.
If you like a mixture of exotic and peace, with adventure and great people, then the Tropico is as good as that gets. Their website is an extremely accurate representation of the place itself. But I don’t think words can do justice to the people who work at the Tropico. You will have to experience it yourself. They are a special group, skilled, conscientious, honest, and kind.
I have no connection with the Tropico other than as a Guest, and obviously a big fan of what they provide to travelers like myself.
But Just in case there is any doubt…. My name is Steven, I live in Maryland, and persons interested in my descriptions may call me at 443.235.1344

3  Thank SBOLGIANO
Reviewed January 31, 2014

After a very bumpy ride from the ferry on the other side of the peninsula, we finally arrived at this little slice of heaven. We were 2 couples from California and Sweden, in CR for the first time. Had dinner in the restaurant the first night, good food, good service, however, a little on the pricy side...Each couple had a bungalow style room with 2 queen beds, bath and porch, quite nice. The property is right off the dusty road, but once inside it's a nicely groomed "jungle", you hear the waves and the birds and the monkeys and just relax. We took the body massage and it was so nice laying there hearing the waves crash on the beach. Poolside/beach bar, lounge chairs and hammocks add to the relaxed feel. Staff is friendly, but be aware some charges are asked for in cash, but they will take a card if you ask. Probably OK for families, but wouldn't necessary recommend it since it seems more of an adult place to relax at and the surf is very strong. Lots of decent eateries in the neighborhood, but be careful walking on the road, its busy, dusty and very dark at night. Bring a flashlight. Very casual attire everywhere... Glad I didn't see any snakes though!

Room Tip: We liked the garden bungalows, very quiet.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We traveled by rental car from san jose. It was quite the adventure, as dirt roads are part of the journey, but overall a great stay, excellent staff, and amazing location. Can't get much better as far as beach location and amenities. The fresh A/C was a great luxury, as the temperatures get pretty hot during mid day, but thats what the pool and beach are for. We stayed in the Beachside bungalow, and literally had a 20-30ft walk to the beach, with great sunset views and awesome waves everyday. I literally keep dreaming of coming back here everyday since I've left and will definitely be back at Hotel Tropico Latino.

Room Tip: I would definitely suggest to upgrade to a Beachside Bungalow, as you are tucked away more into the jungle coverage, and away from the main road which is filled with loud quads and motorcycles.