Hotel Tropico Latino
Nautilus Boutique Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$97
$94
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Villas Solar(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$75
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$81
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotels.com
Fuego Lodge(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$70
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$110
Pacifica Surf Studios(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$65
Hotels.com
Playa Cielo(Santa Teresa)
$143
Canaima Chill House(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$71
Travelocity
All reviewspura vida adventuresbeach housecosta ricagreat spagarden viewbeachfront bungalowspa treatmentssurf campfacing the oceanprivate porchtropical paradisehotel groundsbeach chairsmal paisfront porchyoga studiogreat beach
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Drove down to montezuma and randomly found this place on tripadvisor for an overnight stay. We loved this place, romantic, awesome couples massage, best surfing I had in costa rica , cool hammocks on the beach with iguanas running around and best of all great service. Would definitely go here again!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here as part of a surf camp. The staff was very accommodating, the room was clean, and the location was fantastic. The internet never worked in the room, but the one by the restaurant did. How terrible to have to sit by the pool for the one check of email I did every day! The restaurant was good, filtered water was always available, and I had a massage and a reflexology/pedi at the spa which were both good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We called ahead to confirm accommodations as we were part of a Surf Camp. We knew we needed WIFI to work remotely, Clean rooms w/ hot water and convenient place for drinks/snacks. During our stay, we did not have WIFI in our room until we complained each and every day/night as they had to continuously reset their router, power went out daily/nightly, there was no hot water in the rooms, and we had biting ants in the room. It was by far the most expensive location to have drinks/snacks. There are no laundry services on site. We ended up going to other resorts/restaurants for drinks and dinner. The drinks there were also poor quality. We were early in the season so the property and beach were not clean, but it is a beautiful/convenient location for surfing. It should be noted that there is no TV in rooms or bar which can be a challenge for sports fans!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
hoteltropicolatino, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. Please note that this information has been passed on to our concerned staff. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Santa Teresa.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our two young children (4 and 7 at the time) and had a great time. The service at the hotel was very accommodating and the restaurant/bar areas were convenient as well. The pool was a hit for my kids and the beach was spitting distance from our room. We could hear the waves hitting the shoreline all night long.

We stayed in a bungalow that had a kitchen, large bathroom and two bedrooms (three beds). There was no television, but we didn't want one either! It was nice to get away from screen time. We at out probably once a day, sometimes twice. We tried to eat in at least once a day. Fresh eggs, avocados, bananas and yogurt were available at a small grocery store just on the other side of the road.

The location of the hotel is really great, too. We walked all over - beach side and town side.

We met a lot of really great people staying in the hotel. I loved this place too much not to give it 5 stars. I did bring my computer to try to get some work done, but the wifi wasn't available from where we were situated. I was able to pick up a connection in the pool area. I took the lack of wifi in my room as a sign to relax and have a glass of wine! So I did. The only other downside was the mattress in our room - it was pretty squeaky.

We went in August, which is quite rainy, but hardly an obstacle. My whole family loved this place. We'd love to go back. From the hotel we hiked, went horse back riding. A short ride away we surfed. A slightly longer taxi ride away we climbed water falls and went to Tortuga Island. I can't complain.

PS - Ladies, don't bring long sun dresses. They'll get trashed. It rains a lot! Short dresses, shorts, and swimming suits are all you'll need. Very very casual.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our honeymoon to Santa Teresa was amazing and Hotel Tropico Latino was a major factor in the experience! We purchased the honeymoon package, which included all meals at the fabulous restaurant Shambala, a couples massage and a massage and spa treatment for me, the bride. We purchased transportation from San Jose airport through the hotel and Gilberto, the driver, was ready to pick us up at the airport on time! I cannot say enough wonderful things about GIlberto!!!

Once we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with many "happy honeymoon" and "so glad you've arrived!" The staff was so, so kind.We stayed in the beachfront bungalow and it was a cozy space located extremely close to the sand. The waves were beautiful to listen to each night as we fell asleep. All of the activities we planned were easily accommodated by the staff and effortless on our end.

Most enjoyable was the location. The beach was stunning! The hotel is located in a lush area, adorned with beautiful landscape, animals and sandy beaches.

It's hard to summarize the experience and excellence of the hotel, but I cannot praise Hotel Tropico Latino and their staff enough. We will absolutely visit again! THANK YOU to everyone!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple