Hotel Tropico Latino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Playa Cielo(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Lucero Surf Retreats(Santa Teresa)
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Hotel Buenos Aires(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Casas de Soleil(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Hotel Santa Teresa(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Hotel The Place(Mal Pais)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeach frontpura vida adventuresbeach housecosta ricagarden viewbeachfront bungalowspa servicessurf campfacing the oceanprivate porchtropical paradisehotel groundsmal paisyoga studiogreat beachplaya carmenbanana beach
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for a week in October. The weather wasn't great as it was low season however the resort was great. The staff members were helpful and friendly and the food at the restaurant was delicious. Everywhere we went whether it was small and dinky or expensive the food was amazing! The room we stayed in had it's own hammock which was amazing and the room was huge! It had two king size beds, a singe bed, a mini fridge, and spacious bathroom. The beach had quite a bit of debris on it but the waves were big and the water was the perfect temperature. I attended a yoga class and the instructor was great. I would also suggest renting a four wheeler and exploring the island and visiting the waterfall!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Loved staying at the Tropico Latino for the first 2 nights of our road trip through Costa Rica. 3 adults one baby stayed very comfortably in a double room with a partition. The restaurant served good food, the pool area had just enough shade and the hammocks on the beach were a great touch. Very enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Beach front bungalows are well worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ikomaMontreal
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Tropico Latino has a great location. The hotel consists of separate bungalows and it is right by the beach. The pool is also very nice, big and deep enough. The rooms are spacious. Bathroom was a bit tired, but clean and decent. The staff vas very accommodating as well. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Martone1
Reviewed September 17, 2013

this was my second trip to hotel Tropico Latino and it was even better than the first one. we rented a fully equipped bungalow, but it was in the middle of some improvements then they upgraded our reservation to the suite...WOW, it was just an awesome vacation in a beautiful fully-equipped house just in front of the beach with an spectacular view and close to many facilities such as supermarket,bakery, restaurants, surf board renting, etc.

My almost 4 year old toddler had a terrific time playing in the sand and observing all the nature surrounding the hotel.

Definitely a special place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hotel Tropico Latino is located in front of a lovely, white, sand beach which allows you to just walk along the shore and listen to the relaxing sound of the waves in front of your cabin.
I arrived early this week and stayed 3 days. Experienced a beautiful Mon. sunny afternoon, had an excellent meal with their high quality staff. I enjoyed every meal during my 3 day stay.
Not to mention the best massage from the Spa which allowed me to return home with a great sense of peace. I stayed in a cabin surrounded by beautiful, colorful gardens & the view of the ocean in front. Nice and quiet. Took lots of pictures of nature since this is one of my hobbies.
The staff in general treated me very well. I find them to be kind people who welcome your stay as if you were at home.The weather was nice and fresh. One of the best vacations I've had.

Room Tip: If you come with family or a group, I would recommend the corner suites which are large and sunny right in front of the beach with its own swimming pool. If you're traveling alone, I prefer the beach front cabins. You can hear the ocean waves and walk to the beach in about 70 yards. Also the surrounding gardens make it nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo