“Beautiful and relaxing hotel right on the beach”

Hotel Tropico Latino
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Denver
“Beautiful and relaxing hotel right on the beach”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place is amazing. Beautiful gardens, awesome location (right on the beach), healthy food, clean and spacious rooms, walking distance from everything, great yoga classes, and wonderful spa. I would recommend this hotel to anyone out stay here was fantastic

, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thanks for your comments!
I'm glad you enjoyed all of our services.

We are working hard on the gardens, rooms, menus and spa services. We are also bringing in a lot more flowers for next season.

Thanks again for choosing us and we hope to have you back soon.

Warm regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed at Tropico Latino with a friend and had a wonderful weekend. The hotel is very nice, the rooms very clean and the staff is super helpful. The one thing that I was not completely thrilled about was the restaurant. Variety of dishes is not good and it is more expensive than other around. However, in the area of Santa Teresa/ Mal Pais there are amazing restaurants and caffes all around!
We did yoga every day, which was amazing. You do yoga facing the ocean....just dreamy. Daniel was the best yoga instructor ever! I would love to go back to have classes with him.
The hammocks at the beach are also great!
Overall great value for money , and will most definitively go back there!!

Room Tip: Rooms close the entrance have a shorter walk since you have to carry your luggage. However, its up...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thanks for sharing your experience with Daniel, the yoga teacher, I've also heard great things about him from other guests. If you come back in the future I'd be glad to offer you a couple of courtesy classes for you to enjoy.

I'm also happy to hear the staff was friendly, this is so important for us and for our guests.

Randy, our chef is always innovating and incorporating new ideas in the menu. Maybe next time you come you will get to try a few new dishes.

Take care and thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate it.
Punta Arenas, Costa Rica
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Being Costa Rican, I’ve had the luck to travel all around this beautiful country. I‘ve visited many beaches, but Santa Teresa is still one of my favorite spots. I stayed with my husband for a weekend in the hotel celebrating our wedding anniversary. We had the best time!! Our room was so close to the ocean that you could hear the sound of the waves all day and night…so relaxing! The lodging was so comfortable that we didn’t even want to move from the room. I took yoga classes with a great instructor. It really makes a big difference to exercise with the clear view of the ocean out front. Also, the restaurant has a great variety on the menu, but what we enjoyed the most was the chef’s specials. Randy, the chef, made an amazing combination of traditional Costa Rican ingredients with his creativity and experience. Its hard to decide between the different appetizers, entrees, and desserts… we definitely want to come back, but next time we want to stay more days : ) Thanks staff!

Hi Marcia!

Thanks for trusting us with your anniversary!

Santa Teresa is also one of my favorite spots. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the yoga lessons. Being so close to the water does make a difference :)

Let us know when you come next time and we will take good care of you.

See you soon!
Jaco, Costa Rica
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Me and my wife (both Costa Ricans) have been fortunate enough to travel to many places around the world. Most of the time for work and other for mere pleasure. We went to Tropico Latino last weekend to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary and couldn't have made a better choice. The property sits right on the beach (amazing location) and the staff took really good care of us. Our biggest surprise came when we tried the food the first night!! It was just too good...Randy (chef) was amazing. We had one of the best meals we've ever had together and therefore decided to eat every meal of our stay at the hotel and not even bother going anywhere else. Mal Pais is one of the prettiest places our country can offer and we highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the area.

Hi Marcelo!

First I want to thank you and your wife for choosing to stay a Tropico! It was an honor to have you stay with us for your anniversary. Congrats by the way and we wish you many more!

I'll forward your comment to Randy, our chef, he will be happy to hear you liked his food and wanted to stay to eat only here.

Please say hello to your wife for me and let me know if you want to come back anytime soon.

Looking forward to your next visit.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 25, 2012

In short, food was spectacular, service outstanding, value superb, the hotel gorgeous you'd be daft not to go here!!
Right down some of the best food we've had in Malpais! (I would say the BEST ever) We both had a 3 course meal (different dishes) and they were all fantastic. The attention to detail is incredible and the staff is super nice. The Chef himself came to our table because my wife asked something about the way that they cook the fish and that was awesome!! He cooked a special dish to my little daughter. (Not even in the menu… just for her!!)
We had salads, fish, meat ,etc,etc and a couple of deserts and it was all fantastic!! Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Just request any room at the front desk and if you need something else.. they will help you ASAP. Ex...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thanks for your compliments to the Chef! To be honest I'm so proud to have such a great person in my staff. Not only is he very talented and prepared but its also great to hear he went out of his way to have you enjoy your dinning experience. I'm glad your little doughtier was happy!
You are the second guest this week that sends us great feedback about the restaurant! This is great news to me.

Again, thanks so much for your feedback and don't doubt to contact us again for your next vacation.

Warm regards.
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I travel to Costa Rica frequently, have stayed at dozens of hotels all over the country, but had never been to Mal Pais. On a friend's recommendation, I decided to stay at Hotel Tropico Latino. Arriving late at night and somewhat lost, I found my way to the security guard at the front of the hotel who gladly showed me the way to the reception area and insisted on carrying a heavy piece of luggage all the way to my room. The next morning I awoke to a beachfront sunrise and an early morning surf in 85 degree water. Later that day I experienced the culinary expertise of the chef which was quite good. The staff at the hotel was cheerful, the individuals working in the Spa were skilled in their respective fields of expertise. There was very little reason to leave the premises for the duration of my week long stay. Felt that the beachfront setting, low density eco-design,
nutritious food and professional staff made for a superb stay. Oh yes, I do have one question. What was there not to like about Hotel Tropico Latino? Nothing. Looking forward to my next trip.

Room Tip: Think all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Hotel Tropico Latino, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Hi Dr. Basha!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Tropico Latino, especially coming from someone so well traveled. I'm also happy to hear the staff was helpful and kind with you, that is what its all about!

We have always strived for our restaurant and spa to be in the same line, the spa with the use of natural products and the restaurant with a a very healthy menu and the use of organic products when available. Randy our chef is now starting an orchard to grow natural fresh greens for the restaurant, maybe next time you will have a chance to see it.

We look forward to have you next time, we will take good care of you.

Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Tropico Latino has one of the best beach front locations in Playa Carmen. The gardens are expansive and the grounds keeping staff put a lot of love into them. Try to take 15 minutes and stroll thru the property looking for tropical flowers, hummingbirds, and critters. Once, I saw a family of toucans and they were feasting on papayas way up high in a tree. The yoga platform over looks the ocean, which is nice. My favorite place at Tropico Latino though has to be in a hammock, swinging lazily in the sea breeze. That really gets me into the pura vida spirit. The beach chairs are the perfect place to have your morning cup of Costa Rican coffee. The pool is refreshing and the vibe is nice. Attention ladies: Tropico Latino's spa is the best place to get waxed in town. The new beach house has the best rooms and a gorgeous private pool. Everything is within walking distance and location can't be beat.

Room Tip: Splurge and go for the beach house! It's gorgeous and the pool is divine.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank CostaRicaSurfAndSUP
Hi Benni!

Thanks for your review, I still can't stop laughing about your "Attention ladies" note :) That was funny.

Taking a walk through the trails is always nice and I have to agree with you on the best spot of the hotel...swinging on the hammock is great.

I'm glad you also liked the new beach house and pool.

Thanks again!