“Excellent Instruction”
Review of Nalu

Nalu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Nalu Surf School & Shop offers professional surf lessons 1, 3 & 5 day courses for all ages. New and used boards for sale. Ding repair, surf tours by land and boat, surf clothing and accessories. With 12 years experience in the area and 29 years surfing experience we will help you with all your surfing needs during your visit.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Having only surfed once before, many years ago, I was a bit nervous getting back onto a surf board. My fears dissolved after having my first of several lessons with Ben (Owner). He was extremely patient and safety oriented.

He not only patiently taught how to stand up on the board, however many times it took, he also instructed when to paddle out, how to watch and "handle" waves, and how to safely manoeuvre the surf-board--and myself--in various conditions. I felt so comfortable in the water with him as an instructor, that my confidence soared. He was very encouraging, too.

Great surf school! Will certainly go back here when I return to Santa Teresa!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My family and I have traveled to Santa Teresa several times over the past four years and we always have an awesome time taking surfing lessons from Ben at Nalu. This year my two girls (ages 10 and 12) started surfing and Ben had them both standing on the boards within the first 30 minutes. He is organized and patient, and his concern for their safety is apparent. My husband and I are both beginning surfers and Ben has a great way of knowing when we are ready for the next level and helps us get there. We always finish the lessons feeling like we have made progress. All of Ben's instructors are fabulous, friendly and well trained and the student/teacher ratio is always appropriate. I'm already looking forward to our trip back next year and will definitely be checking in at Nalu for more lessons!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was our 3rd trip back to learn surfing in Santa Teresa, and we felt so lucky to have found Ben! Our surfing improved vastly with just 3 days of lessons with him. We had conquered whitewater and were ready to move out back, but were way too scared because of those intimidating waves. Thanks to Ben, we learned how to turtle roll so that getting out back wasn't so terrifying anymore. Then once we were back there, he was great and teaching us how to look at the waves and start reading them. There were just so many little tips he gave that made all the difference for us. Ben's a phenomenal instructor who I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone at any level who wants to improve their surfing. Next time we're back, we're definitely seeing him again!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great guys and excellent boards. Rented a short board for a week. 7th day was free. lots of variety.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Took a Class with Ben last week and it was amazing how good I improve my surfing with the tips I got in water by Ben, im a intermediate surfer and the private lesson was exactly I was looking to improve my surfing skills. The Surfboard selection they have is big and you can rent a different board everyday if you want. The store is in the heart and main street of Santa Teresa - Playa El Carmen so is very easy to find and with a close easy access to the beach. Good Job Guys!!! Thanks for all!!