“Excellent lesson-on of the highlights of our vacation”
Review of Nalu

Nalu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Nalu Surf School & Shop offers professional surf lessons 1, 3 & 5 day courses for all ages. New and used boards for sale. Ding repair, surf tours by land and boat, surf clothing and accessories. With 12 years experience in the area and 29 years surfing experience we will help you with all your surfing needs during your visit.
Chicago
“Excellent lesson-on of the highlights of our vacation”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I had a surf lesson with Ben while we stayed in Santa Teresa recently and it was a highlight of our vacation. Ben (owner of Nalu) picked us up at our hotel and drove us up to Hermosa Beach (about 10 minute drive) for our very first surf experience. He was chatty and friendly and put us at ease right away. I was pretty hesitant about learning to surf and was basically just going along because my husband wanted to try surfing. At first I was very tentative and didn't feel I could be successful in getting up on a surf board, but Ben was so patient and clear with his instruction, that after a couple of tries, I was surfing! Ben was very encouraging and, like I said, so patient that it turned something that I was sort of dreading into something I felt confident and excited about and really enjoyed. I highly recommend taking a surf lesson through the Nalu surf school as part of your experience in Santa Teresa!

Visited February 2013

Stuttgart
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fantastic Surf Lessons!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We took a 4 day Course with Ben - the australian Surf Teacher an Shop Owner!
It was really good and we definitely recommend Nalu to everyone, who want to surf
in Santa Teresa. His shop is very well equipped and Ben and his staff also
repair boards. Nalu is the place to go if you want to surf - for learning or renting!

Thank you Ben!!!
Nadine & Boris

Visited January 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First surf lesson ever - a nice one”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Ben and his assistant were calm and gave good, clear instructions at this surf lesson. I was nervous at first, but ended up with great experience. I definitely want to surf again after this. Ben was both friendly and professional, and gave specific advice at the right pace. Ben also remembered me when I met him a couple of days later in the street - nice. The guy behind the counter at Nalu was quite grumpy though, but I guess he had a bad day, so I forgive him. :-)

Visited December 2012
Tampa, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great surf lessons”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our whole family took a lesson from Ben and one other. We has a great time and were worn out. I would recommend using them they did a wonderful job.

Visited July 2012
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little surf shop!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great service, great lessons, and great surf. Definitely check out this little surf shop when you are in town!

Visited August 2012