“Great Selection of Boards!”
Review of Nalu

Nalu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Nalu Surf School & Shop offers professional surf lessons 1, 3 & 5 day courses for all ages. New and used boards for sale. Ding repair, surf tours by land and boat, surf clothing and accessories. With 12 years experience in the area and 29 years surfing experience we will help you with all your surfing needs during your visit.
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Ben was recommended to us through Horizon Hotel and Yoga Center. We decided to travel without our boards and could not have been more pleased with the selection. Great prices from an honest, great guy!

2  Thank LaurenA124
There are newer reviews for Nalu

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I travel to S.T. twice a year. I never take my boards in Feb/Mar because the surf is always iffy and not worth the airline fees on this trip. Nalu Surf shop has a great quiver of boards to choose from and if conditions change from day to day there is no problem switching a board out for something else. If you have to rent this time of year Nalu is the place to go. Great staff and NO B.S.! If they don't have what you are looking for check out Kina Surf Shop in S.T. Great people as well.

2  Thank toddpreble
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Professional surf instructors and great variety of surf boards. Surfś up!

1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We just wanted to say a big thanks to Ben and his staff for an excellent surf experience! We took lessons from both Ben, the owner and one of his staff Mauricio (or was it Marcello) sorry! But they were both very patient and encouraging while we (i'm sure their millionth set of tourists!) tried to learn how to surf! They successfully got me and my husband up and 'surfing' by the second lesson even if it was just for a few exciting seconds! If you want to learn to surf while in Mal Pais or Santa Teresa definately check these guys out!
Thanks for the shirts Ben, we'll wear them proudly in the cold and snow!

1  Thank mrabb322
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My husband and I were staying at a nearby resort and took lessons with Ben at Nalu almost every day we were there. He's a great teacher and is just as keen to get you up on the board as you are! He was very patient and while we had never really surfed ever, my husband was a natural and picked it up with ease. While I needed a little more hand-holding, i was also able to get up on the board, if even for a short while. Ben was great at making sure we all had his attention, despite the size of the group he was working with. We were no more than 5 people at a time, and usually it was only the 3 of us. He also took us to different beaches so we weren't always in the same place. Great job, thanks!

1  Thank Stacey C