“You will catch waves”
Review of Nalu

Nalu
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Nalu Surf School & Shop offers professional surf lessons 1, 3 & 5 day courses for all ages. New and used boards for sale. Ding repair, surf tours by land and boat, surf clothing and accessories. With 12 years experience in the area and 29 years surfing experience we will help you with all your surfing needs during your visit.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“You will catch waves”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed in Santa Teresa for a week and surfed nearly everyday. We rented boards and took lessons from Nalu. I had surfed about a dozen times before and my boyfriend had never been. Ben is a patient teacher who explains things intuitively. My boyfriend was catching white water and standing up the first day. And I went out to catch open waves with Ben and was successful for the first time ever. Maybe more important than catching a few open waves was that Ben helped me feel more comfortable going outside and trying for those waves.

The rest of the staff at Nalu are also really nice and helpful. We rented boards there daily. Their prices are reasonable, they have a good selection of boards and the boards are in good shape. I highly recommend your visiting Nalu if you intend to surf in Santa Teresa.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Carla P

London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fear... what fear!?”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The only experience I've ever had with surfing is watching from the beach thinking, "how hard can it really be?". Decided to try it out and it turned out I wasn't a natural. However, after unflappable patience and constant encouragement from Ben and his team I found myself able to return and keep going everyday for the rest of my break in Santa Teresa. For the last session, I was taken to a different spot to try out the bigger waves, which was quite daunting but the anxiety soon dissipated because of Ben's positive supervision. After all, if I wasn't ready I wouldn't have been taken.
All equipment was provided, even the rash guards.
The fact that I'd be willing/eager to go out there again is testament to how accommodating and welcoming Nalu is to beginners.
Thanks guys... if I find myself back in Santa Teresa, I'll be sure to pop back.

Visited February 2012
Walnut Creek, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Can't wait to go back for more!”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Taking lessons from Nalu is an experience that you should not miss out on! I traveled to Santa Teresa on my own as a beginner at surfing and found myself completely in love with it. My board was in excellent shape, and the pricing was more than fair. Ben is a natural at teaching others... hIs instruction is easy to follow, and he is very patient. At the same time, he encouraged me to reach beyond my comfort level, without me even realizing it. At the end of my week long trip, I was feeling truly proud of my progress and was wishing for time! Hope to be back soon :-) I thoroughly enjoyed both learning from and just hanging out with Ben on the waves!

Visited December 2011
Cuauhtémoc, Distrito Federal, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best surfing experience and the best vibes!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Loved this surf shop! The people that work in Nalu are really great, the boards You rent are in good shape and the surf lessons are very good! We stayed in Santa Teresa for 3 weeks, some of us where beginners and others good surfers and we all had the best experience with this surf shop! Prices are good too.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
163 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Good boards, good prices & nice people”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I had surf lessons and rented the board during my stay in Mal Pais and everything was great! The instructor was didactic, the board was in excellent condition and Ben, Ramon and all the guys were always nice and helpful. I totally recomend this shop.

Visited January 2012