“Anniversary Dinner”

Habaneros
Ranked #14 of 102 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beautiful beachfront Mexican fusion restaurant located in the highly rated Playa Cielo hotel. Daily specials according to the catch of the day (lobster and fish are a house specialty!) Combined with a rich diverse menu, serving fresh ingredients to your table. An amazing selection of delicious, naturally flavored maragaritas, to sip while watching the incredible sunset views. Come and enjoy our food and atmosphere!
Reviewed May 25, 2016

We very much enjoyed celebrating our 10-year anniversary at Habaneros. The food, service, and ambiance were amazing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed May 25, 2016

I just returned from Santa Teresa where I had the pleasure of enjoying a meal right 'on' the beach at Habaneros. We started off with a strawberry basil margarita and a jalapeño pineapple margarita, both of which were very good. Our server also brought a bowl of chips and three sauces to try (one tomato salsa, one carrot salsa, and a spicy verde salsa). For our main course, we both ordered the lobster tacos, because they came very highly recommended. To say these tacos were good would be a serious understatement. These were by far the best tacos I had ever eaten...and I've had my fair share! The dish included three large tacos stuffed with lobster meat and a sauce/mixture of which we could only define two of the ingredients; avocados and tomatos. The rest of the ingredients combined to make an amazing flavor that was out of this world. The soft shell tacos were folded over, lightly grilled, and drizzled with a sweet glaze. A lobster shell adorned side of mashed potatoes accompanied the tacos.
Our server was very friendly, the food was incredible, and the atmosphere was perfect. Had I not wanted to try many of the other recommended restaurants in town, I would have returned to Habaneros every night for this dish.

2  Thank jsinclair317
Reviewed May 23, 2016 via mobile

I had dinner here with a friend. The place is right on the beach. The staff was friendly, the place is really nice, and the food and drinks were awesome.

Reviewed May 22, 2016

All four of us enjoyed our meals. Two members of our party had the whole fish special, which was grilled grouper and raved about the quality of the fish & how well cooked & seasoned it was. My wife had the lobster tacos and enjoyed them very much. I had the catch of the day (Red Snapper) which was exceptionally prepared and very well seasoned. The sides were well-prepared as well. Our waitress, Ruth, was very attentive and provided great insight into the local community and things to do for out-of-towners like us. Looking forward to going back for another dinner while we're in Santa Teresa. BTW, shout out to the sound guy. The music played during dinner (Sat, May 21st) was exceptional. We were all enjoying the ambiance created by the music and the great groove he was creating.

Reviewed May 20, 2016

Have a margarita or two. They are excellent! Margaritas on the beach plus good food and service=paradise