“3 Times Here In 4 Nights”
Review of Habaneros

Habaneros
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beautiful beachfront Mexican fusion restaurant located in the highly rated Playa Cielo hotel. Daily specials according to the catch of the day (lobster and fish are a house specialty!) Combined with a rich diverse menu, serving fresh ingredients to your table. An amazing selection of delicious, naturally flavored maragaritas, to sip while watching the incredible sunset views. Come and enjoy our food and atmosphere!
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Want to start by saying this place is located in the perfect spot to watch the sunset so if you can get there early I'd highly recommend it.. Ceviche is the best I had on my 11 day travel in Costa Rica.. Sea Bass is over the top full of flavor and all around delicious, chicken plater is okay, we sat at the bar and saw every plate leave the cooks hands and after seeing and asking about every plate we added the chicken soup, that was a great addition to an already full stomach and something you shouldn't miss. sitting at the bar we were able to meet everyone that worked there, the staff of girls were very friendly and welcoming and made sure we were always okay on drinks and food, sat in the grass 1 of the night and got the same attention and service.. with all the food we tried it all should be washed down with a frozen habanero margarita.. the owner was there each night and recognized that we had been there back to back night and had us do shots of tequila with us to show is appreciation and on the 3rd night he thanks us and asked us to come back on our next trip and WE WILL.. overall A+

1  Thank Robert F

Reviewed February 26, 2013

It's our second year visiting Santa Teresa, and Habaneros is yet to let us down! A great location, right on the beach (rare in town), with lovely breezes, shade, and tunes. Yesterday Mary had their lobster tacos - outstanding. Enough to share really! I had their "Aztec Soup". Amazing! After traveling a lot through Mexico, and living in Belize, we always try the local take on what is basically tortilla soup. They are all a little different... And at Habaneros they excel. The rich broth is a tomato base, served in a large bowl lined with a fresh tortilla. It is chock full of fish and seafood and avocado and all kinds of goodness. A meal unto itself. The service at Habaneros has always been warm and friendly (thanks Ruth!) and the owner always present, greeting guests, and making certain all is right. This place is a must on any visit to Santa Teresa. And I think we have a picture of that soup!!! Saludos!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Wow why did I wait till my last night to eat here.....the food was to die for, with a great beach front setting, and a great atmosphere. It was a truly 5 star experience....I want to eat my Tuna meal again, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Please try and go there early in your trip, as you will for sure go back

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our family of five ate at Habanero's without a reservation on a Monday night in mid-February, 2013. The place was absolutely jumping with large groups, but the friendly hostess got us drinks right away, and our anticipated 25 minute wait for table ended up being no more than 10, when we got seated at one of the 10-12 tables in this outdoor, beach-side restaurant. The specialties of the house include a lobster-topped snapper, and a whole grilled lobster with a side of cheesy-mashed potatos served in the shell. Our great waitress Melissa (from Long Beach, Long Island, NY) served us quickly and explained in detail what our wonderful spicy sides and sauces were. The owner, Schlomi (spelling?), was a wonderful and considerate host, and it was great to see the cooking done in the outdoor kitchen. The food was awesome, and the portions king-sized. We HIGHLY recommend for families and groups, but a bit loud and crowded for a quiet romantic night.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

5 stars all round. I loved Habaneros. You MUST have the Octopus and the Lobster. GAry serves fresh fish daily that is to die for. The guacamole is amaze balls, the Margaritas are better than any I have ever had, and the staff serve all these delectable divine dishes with a smile and a banter. It is best to visit at sunset and drink cocktails before indulging in a seafood dinner extravaganza! All I can say is ENJOY and PURA VIDA!