“Enthusiastic and Professional Instruction”

Del Soul Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Del surf school is located on beautiful Playa Santa Teresa, on the pacific side of Costa Rica. We host daily surf lessons for all levels from Beginners through Intermediate. Surf lessons are scheduled according to ocean conditions and tide charts, All surf lessons are group classes with a good ratio of 1 surf instructor per 2.5 Surfers participants. All crew members include Amit Londner, owner and founder, are qualified, certified, lifeguard and first-aid trained and certified, all are profesional well experienced with teaching surfing and very friendly. Beginners and beginners with some experience will be introduced to "white water", a comfortable conditions to practice all basics with establishing the right technique. These white water provide a mellow and gentle waves, yet strong enough to take the beginner surfer on a smooth raid through practice the basics, Intermediate surf lessons: when the conditions are right and allows us we would love to take those surfers who wishes to improve their surfing and move on the next level in surfing. it is recommended to reserve your spot a head.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was staying at Otro Lado Lodge, which is steps away from Del Soul. This was not just convenient, but I believe I was referred there for the extremely high quality instruction that the owner Amit provides. Though I'm sure he has taught the same lessons many times, every one is personalized and fun. Since he is Israeli, he can teach in both Hebrew and fluent English. Amit is extremely high energy, positive, and enthusiastic, encouraging not only beginners but also pushing more advanced students to higher and higher levels. He does not slack off once you've got the basics, but continues developing your skills and working hard to support you. You will definitely get your money's worth from these lessons, and a good workout if you are so motivated. Amit's enthusiasm for the sport is contagious, and you will love it too! He is not only an award-winning surfer, but a very talented teacher. His lovely wife, Merav, helps coordinate the reservations and provides a warm welcome.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Hello, hired some surf boards from Del Soul and had some training with the owner! He was a great instructor and also qualified with an international lifesaving qualification so you know your in safe hands!!! Would recommend visiting for a surf lesson in the warm waters of Santa Teresa! Thanks for an amazing week!!

Nicholas

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was my first experience surfing, and it was definitely the best part of this vacation to Santa Teresa (which says a lot, since the whole vacation was amazing)! The Del Soul Surf school has a handful of instructors who take out groups of people at all different levels of surfing. As a beginner, they were rigorous in going over safety procedures, which was very helpful and reassuring. They make surfing extremely accessible to people of all levels, and they modify their teaching strategies as you get better. I had 6 consecutive lessons with them, and by the end I was feeling so much more confident and was essentially doing everything on my own, which was a great feeling! But having the instructors there made the experience so much more comfortable and enjoyable. Everyone is so nice (especially Amit, Lucho, and Mickey, who I had the most lessons with) -- I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thanks so much for making this a great trip and getting me hooked on surfing!!
~Meg S.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Costa Rica in October 2013 for 2 months. We found Amit by researching online and had various lessons across the 2 months of our stay including board rentals so we could practice on our own. Amit got us standing up literally the first time he took us out - within 5 minutes! He's definitely a #1 teacher - enthusiastic / encouraging and he helped me overcome my fear of the ocean. His wife and adorable children are all completely charming and it was wonderful to meet them all. Would 100% recommend, and some day would love to go back and see them all and show Amit how we're getting on!!
Thank you Amit & Merav.
Stacy & James

Reviewed May 8, 2014

On April 24, my 11-year-old daughter and I went out for our first surfing lesson with Amit, Lucho, and another instructor, and around eight other beginners to the beautiful Playa Hermosa in Santa Teresa, where the waves were gentle. Del Soul provides a rashguard for the lesson. Amit took the time to teach us how to stand up on the board in the shade, and once he evaluated us and selected the best board for each person, he broke us up into small groups and sent us to work with an instructor. We were in Amit's group. We each carried our board out into the water and then just started surfing! Amit helped us to correct our foot placement and stance so we could be successful. Everyone in the group stood up more than once and after several tries, we returned to the beach and received some further instruction and motivation. The lesson was about an hour and a half. For me, it was great because I relaxed more the second time out and began to get more comfortable. (Thank you for the words to put me in the right frame of mind, Lucho!) My daughter had an awesome time and we both can't wait to come back and be able to take several consecutive lessons with Amit. Merav, Amit's lovely wife, was wonderful communicating with us prior to our trip and answered all of our questions before we went out. For someone who grew up in Hawaii, whose parents never took her surfing (!!) this was a dream come true! There was also a professional photographer there, who is also an instructor with Del Soul, who provided some truly wonderful photographs of our experience at a very reasonable price. His name is Martin Avola. Thank you again Amit and Merav! Best wishes for your continued success and happiness!!! See you soon!