“Simply, THE BEST!”

Del Soul Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Del surf school is located on beautiful Playa Santa Teresa, on the pacific side of Costa Rica. We host daily surf lessons for all levels from Beginners through Intermediate. Surf lessons are scheduled according to ocean conditions and tide charts, All surf lessons are group classes with a good ratio of 1 surf instructor per 2.5 Surfers participants. All crew members include Amit Londner, owner and founder, are qualified, certified, lifeguard and first-aid trained and certified, all are profesional well experienced with teaching surfing and very friendly. Beginners and beginners with some experience will be introduced to "white water", a comfortable conditions to practice all basics with establishing the right technique. These white water provide a mellow and gentle waves, yet strong enough to take the beginner surfer on a smooth raid through practice the basics, Intermediate surf lessons: when the conditions are right and allows us we would love to take those surfers how wishes to improve their surfing and move on the next level in surfing. it is recommended to reserve your spot a head.
New York City, New York
“Simply, THE BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had the pleasure of taking my very first surf lessons ever with Amit. I'm so thankful my friend knew just whom to book for me. Amit is the best and it's no wonder everyone goes to him. He's very skilled, thoughtful, and funny! He really helps you get out of your head and on the board. I got up on the 3rd try! He pushes you to your potential while being conscientious of how you're feeling physically every step of the way. I left Costa Rica with a love of surfing and I can't wait to come back and train more with him!

Visited December 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Mind over Matter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

As soon as I met Amit, I realized why he came so highly recommended. He has an infectious energy about him, as if he could achieve anything he imagined, and make it look easy, even fun. Who better to teach something as challenging and addictive as surfing? His personality and approach are focused more on the mental and emotional requirements of the sport, not just the technical. With precision and intensity, he builds up your greatest ally in being able to stand on that board- confidence. Not only to harness the sheer power of the waves, but to accept with grace and humility when the ocean repeatedly pummels you down(and it will). Because of this unique perspective, I successfully rode my first wave on the third try. Over the course of my week in Santa Teresa, he supported my daily efforts to learn and improve, both as a surfer and a person. Thank you, Amit. I'll be back for more :)
(Lodgers, take note: Del Soul is right next door to Otra Lado Lodge and Restaurant, also highly recommended)

Visited November 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I took a 5 private lessons with amit (great great guy!!!) it was awesome! Very proffesional, pacient, with alot of spirit and smile! Cant wait for the next wave... Pora vida.

Visited October 2013
Swansea, Massachusetts
“Was up on the board catching a wave within 15 minso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Even better than I expected. My friends recommended and it was amazing. He pushes you as hard as you'll let him. We were up catching waves within 15 mins of getting to the beach. We went back for a second day and were catching waves completely on our own! Thank you!

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surfing under Amit's guiding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I came to Santa Teresa two weeks ago and was directed to Amit from the hotel i was staying at.
Unlike what i expected, i enjoyed surfing from the first moment.

Amit was awesome. Very patient and professional. I took lessons for more then a week and would have taken more if i didn't have to leave.

Go for it people!!