“Best”

Del Soul Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Del surf school is located on beautiful Playa Santa Teresa, on the pacific side of Costa Rica. We host daily surf lessons for all levels from Beginners through Intermediate. Surf lessons are scheduled according to ocean conditions and tide charts, All surf lessons are group classes with a good ratio of 1 surf instructor per 2.5 Surfers participants. All crew members include Amit Londner, owner and founder, are qualified, certified, lifeguard and first-aid trained and certified, all are profesional well experienced with teaching surfing and very friendly. Beginners and beginners with some experience will be introduced to "white water", a comfortable conditions to practice all basics with establishing the right technique. These white water provide a mellow and gentle waves, yet strong enough to take the beginner surfer on a smooth raid through practice the basics, Intermediate surf lessons: when the conditions are right and allows us we would love to take those surfers who wishes to improve their surfing and move on the next level in surfing. it is recommended to reserve your spot a head.
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Great owners.
Best intructors that did a great job with our children.
Great fun.
Well worth the time and money!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My boys ages 11 and 13 had a great experience surfing with Del Soul and more specifically their instructor Tule. Tule taught the boys to become comfortable surfing and have fun. He changed out the surfboards to get the best fit and went over general water safety techniques with them--and they listen to him a lot better to him than their mom! Everyone at Del Soul was friendly and easy to work with. We have surfed with other companies in other parts of Costa Rica and this has been our best experience. Thanks Del Soul for a great week surfing! We will hopefully be back next year!!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have only the highest regards for Del Soul Surf School. We were recommended to Del Soul by a 10 year old girl at dinner raving about her instructor Tule. It turns out she wasn't wrong. From the moment we walked in and made a reservation with Juan, we felt taken care of. Amit, the owner, runs a great business with a great staff that truly feels like a surf family. Everyone stood up on the board within the first 5 minutes of being in the water. We constantly received instructions, positive feedback, and encouragement. Amit and his staff made my first time surfing super enjoyable and left me wanting more. We got to borrow their boards and go try more on our own!! I felt completely safe in their care and would recommend anyone taking surf lessons in Santa Teresa must go to Del Soul!!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We came into Del Soul after having had really unfriendly and unprofessional service in two other surf shops in Santa Teresa, and were so relieved to deal with such friendly and open people. We were greeted with open arms, an explanation of the equipment best suited for beginners, and reasonable prices for rentals of both a board and a rash guard. I wish I had found this place earlier and booked my surf lessons here as well, but at least I got the best service for my board rental.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I visited Santa Teresa in June to do some surfing and took an intermediate lesson with Amit. The lesson was a game changer for me. He really made sure that I got the most out of it! Amit headed with me to the line up and focused on teaching me how to read the waves and actively look at sets coming in to stay safe while I'm out there (the swell was not small this day!). He helped me understand what I should be looking for in a wave and the best moment to pop up. Although I hate to admit it ;), Amit even paddled my board and his out to the line up the first paddle out to make sure I had enough energy to absorb what he was teaching me and successfully catch some waves. And wow, it was a huge success :)!!! My friends took a few beginner lessons with Tule and really enjoyed themselves as well. Tule was great and although I was not taking a lesson with him, he made sure to give me some pointers before heading out.

Everyone else at the Del Soul shop were wonderful and welcomed us into their community. They were all so encouraging which made it a truly rewarding experience. I've been back in Washington for a little over a month now and can see the advice from Amit and Tule really paying off! Definitely hit up Del Soul if you visit the area! And even if you are just renting a board, they'll make sure they give you a set up that meets your needs to have the best time out there. Can't wait to go back!!!