“Learn with these guys!!”

Del Soul Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Del surf school is located on beautiful Playa Santa Teresa, on the pacific side of Costa Rica. We host daily surf lessons for all levels from Beginners through Intermediate. Surf lessons are scheduled according to ocean conditions and tide charts, All surf lessons are group classes with a good ratio of 1 surf instructor per 2.5 Surfers participants. All crew members include Amit Londner, owner and founder, are qualified, certified, lifeguard and first-aid trained and certified, all are profesional well experienced with teaching surfing and very friendly. Beginners and beginners with some experience will be introduced to "white water", a comfortable conditions to practice all basics with establishing the right technique. These white water provide a mellow and gentle waves, yet strong enough to take the beginner surfer on a smooth raid through practice the basics, Intermediate surf lessons: when the conditions are right and allows us we would love to take those surfers who wishes to improve their surfing and move on the next level in surfing. it is recommended to reserve your spot a head.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I (both first timers) had a surf lesson with these guys and liked it so much we went back every day that week! They had both of us standing and catching waves within the first session.

If you are trying to decide where to get lessons in Santa Teresa, definitely go here! Amit and the whole crew are phenomenal teachers and really friendly and encouraging. Great times all round. Thanks! We will be back again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Everyone at del soul is amazing both my wife and I had such an enjoyable session that we sign up our 3 kids the very next morning. Everyone at the school are very friendly and encouraging. Our kids who were very apprehensive of the lesson were quickly put at ease and were all able to catch waves during their very first lesson. They couldn't wait to get back out!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a surfing lesson from Amit at Del Soul this week and we were so impressed at the professionalism and passion he had for us as his students. My boyfriend had never surfed before and myself only once before, Amit brought the boards to our hotel and when we improved he offered to change the boards for us to suit our level. He went above and beyond giving us just a surf lesson, he told us so much valuable information on the area and what time to go surfing here and there. We improved a lot in a short amount of time, and we believe it was a lot to do with Amits surfing and teaching experience. I would recommend Del Soul to anybody!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had a blast. It was our first time surfing. Del Soul crew was helpful and supportive. We were standing up catching waves in no time. Option to keep the board for 24 hours added to the value. Thanks Amit!
#1 & #2

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely love these guys - we found them on Trip Advisor and I'm so happy we went with them. Also great that they let you keep the surf boards for 24 hours. We went back the next day and surfed up at playa hermosa all day (where they took us to learn). The waves there are perfect for a beginner. It was my first time trying to surf - and even before that I had only been swimming in the ocean two or three times. They made me feel completely comfortable and confidant with the water. The first time I stood up on the board was an amazing feeling. If you're debating taking a lesson, go with these guys. They really pay attention to what your body is doing and give you good instructions on how to better your stance, balance and overall momentum.