“Awesome!”

Del Soul Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Del surf school is located on beautiful Playa Santa Teresa, on the pacific side of Costa Rica. We host daily surf lessons for all levels from Beginners through Intermediate. Surf lessons are scheduled according to ocean conditions and tide charts, All surf lessons are group classes with a good ratio of 1 surf instructor per 2.5 Surfers participants. All crew members include Amit Londner, owner and founder, are qualified, certified, lifeguard and first-aid trained and certified, all are profesional well experienced with teaching surfing and very friendly. Beginners and beginners with some experience will be introduced to "white water", a comfortable conditions to practice all basics with establishing the right technique. These white water provide a mellow and gentle waves, yet strong enough to take the beginner surfer on a smooth raid through practice the basics, Intermediate surf lessons: when the conditions are right and allows us we would love to take those surfers who wishes to improve their surfing and move on the next level in surfing. it is recommended to reserve your spot a head.
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I took a surflesson with Amit and Roy at Del Soul Surf School in Santa Teresa and it was one of the best experiences of my trip to Costa Rica! Amit and Roy was so proffessional and encouraging. It was my first time surfing ever and they guaranteed me to be able to surf standing within 20 minutes of their lesson - and I did! I can really recommend to take lessons at Del Soul!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We just returned from a stay in Santa Teresa. Our goal was to spend some time surfing and we are so glad that we decided to take lessons from Del Soul Surf School. Amit came to our hotel to talk with us before hand and was super-professional and encouraging. We had taken some lessons before so weren't starting from scratch but he was very serious about making sure that our fundamentals were down pat, which I really appreciate.
My husband, myself, and our two teenage sons took lessons for two days. Amit helped my husband and I and Tule was with the boys. He was awesome at helping them move along and by the end of the two days they had improved tremendously. Their stances were strong and confident and we appreciated how he worked with them. He's awesome.
I had had a bad accident a couple of years ago and was a little apprehensive. Amit and Mirav were very concientious about making sure I was okay and Amit gave me great insight on how to accomodate for that.
It was a great experience and we would most definately go back to Del Soul on our next trip to Santa Teresa. We just wish we were still there!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Picture the absolute glee on a child's face when she's running through a sprinkler on a hot summer day. Got it? OK, that's the look on my face when I learned to surf with Del Soul Surf School. My partner and I decided to learn to surf for our 50th birthdays. We had zero surfing experience, and thanks to the wonderful people at Del Soul, we were standing on boards riding waves within the first hour. Amit (the owner), his family, and his staff are talented teachers as well as warm and wonderful hosts. They made learning fun and successful, knew just when to challenge us, shared safety tips, and cheered us on until our faces hurt from smiling. We took 5 lessons over our 9 day visit, and progressed a lot. Amit helped us try different boards and advised us about when to surf in between lessons, always with our fun and safety at the center of his thinking. We're already planning our next trip back, and we're looking forward to surfing with Amit and his pals again. I can't imagine a better surf school experience than learning with Del Soul!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Three years ago I had my first surf lesson with Amit. I had first tried lessons with someone else and though I am sure the other teacher was a great surfer, I wasn't getting it until I met Amit. Amit is a great surfer. But more than that, he is a great teacher. He loves surfing and believes in his heart that everyone should and can surf. His passion is contagious and he throws in little nuggets of life truths as you learn what he has learned over the years from surfing. I've been back to Santa Teresa twice since that first lesson and plan to return every year. I will always rent my boards from Delsoul Surf School and get my lessons from Amit. He has taken this 50 year old from surfing the breakwater to riding the waves. Thank you Amit! Love you and your family.