“Amazing Instructors, great lessons, wonderful experience!”

Del Soul Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Del surf school is located on beautiful Playa Santa Teresa, on the pacific side of Costa Rica. We host daily surf lessons for all levels from Beginners through Intermediate. Surf lessons are scheduled according to ocean conditions and tide charts, All surf lessons are group classes with a good ratio of 1 surf instructor per 2.5 Surfers participants. All crew members include Amit Londner, owner and founder, are qualified, certified, lifeguard and first-aid trained and certified, all are profesional well experienced with teaching surfing and very friendly. Beginners and beginners with some experience will be introduced to "white water", a comfortable conditions to practice all basics with establishing the right technique. These white water provide a mellow and gentle waves, yet strong enough to take the beginner surfer on a smooth raid through practice the basics, Intermediate surf lessons: when the conditions are right and allows us we would love to take those surfers who wishes to improve their surfing and move on the next level in surfing. it is recommended to reserve your spot a head.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I and our three kids just returned from a wonderful trip to Santa Teresa. The highlight of the trip was the surf lessons we took at Del Soul. Amit and Tule were our instructors and they were so patient, encouraging, and helpful. We all got up on our first lesson which was great fun for us as we are all first timers. My kids are 14, 12, and 8 and they each got personalized attention to their ages and levels...as did my husband and I. My 8 year old was surfing like a pro! We enjoyed the experience for the lessons (who can't beat surfing in Santa Teresa on the beautiful beaches?), but also for meeting such great people. Thanks Amit and Tule (and Mirav)!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family just returned from a wonderful surf vacation with Amit and Tule. Both were patient and very energetic. Each of us were successful and were encouraged to push ourselves to improve. Our second day of lessons, was photographed & video taped by a freelance photographer that works with Del Soul... this was an incredible take home goody. Disk of pictures were very reasonably priced and of excellent quality.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We took a spur of the moment lesson from Amit. He was an excellent instructor. He made it seem very simple. Thanks Amit

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a few days in Santa Teresa and were lucky enough to stay right beside Del Soul. We went out with Amit who was good at pushing you just enough and gave good instruction and tips as the day went on. My girlfriend pulled a muscle early in the day and he was very encouraging to her and helped get her back in the water and surfing again.

We rented boards from them the day after and they were very accomodating and helpful in giving us the right boards. Their costs are more than reasonable and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. I highly recommend using them!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Amit, the surf teacher, his brother Roy (surf teacher as well) and also Amit`s wife and Tule who works at the Shop are absolutely the best crew you could have to take your first steps surfing!
Besides they were really lovely persons, Amit knows how to teach and make yourself feel good on the board (if you do what he tells you ;-) so you can get more confident about yourself and also he embodies the love to nature and the ocean. We really enjoyed it to have our first surf lessons with these great guys!