“Phenomenal Surf Lession”

Del Soul Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Del surf school is located on beautiful Playa Santa Teresa, on the pacific side of Costa Rica. We host daily surf lessons for all levels from Beginners through Intermediate. Surf lessons are scheduled according to ocean conditions and tide charts, All surf lessons are group classes with a good ratio of 1 surf instructor per 2.5 Surfers participants. All crew members include Amit Londner, owner and founder, are qualified, certified, lifeguard and first-aid trained and certified, all are profesional well experienced with teaching surfing and very friendly. Beginners and beginners with some experience will be introduced to "white water", a comfortable conditions to practice all basics with establishing the right technique. These white water provide a mellow and gentle waves, yet strong enough to take the beginner surfer on a smooth raid through practice the basics, Intermediate surf lessons: when the conditions are right and allows us we would love to take those surfers who wishes to improve their surfing and move on the next level in surfing. it is recommended to reserve your spot a head.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Amit is the best surf instructor I've had the pleasure of working with. As a beginner, I came to Santa Theresa looking to improve my skills in surfing. I had some experience with surfing before, having surfed in Bali and working with several instructors over there, so I began my first lesson with Amit with high expectations. Needless to say, Amit blew my expectations out of the water. Here is why:

1. Amit is an honest instructor, who tells you exactly what you need to know and what exactly you need to do in order to improve your skills. After every lesson I had with him I felt as if I had taken my skills one step further

2. Amit's primary goal is in making sure you enjoy your time surfing, which means that he is not focused on the clock, but on making sure you have a good time

3. Amit is highly educated on the technical aspects on the sport, and he gives you the lessons which will help you improve your surfing even when you are not around. For example, he gives great instruction on positioning, when to start paddling, how to judge the strength of the wave, etc.

Finally, Amit is a great guy, with a very positive energy who is fun to be around. If you are in Santa Teresa to surf, make sure you catch at least one session with him.

Cheers,
Joe

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We walked into Amit's shop while trying to rent a cheap but good board in Santa Teresa. Not only did Amit rent us one for cheaper than any other store in town (after taking the time to go over the different options for boards based on his level and where we'd surf), but he threw in free rash-guards, lots of advice on where are the best surf spots in town, the best places to eat (believe me, my boyfriend asked many many questions, even I lost patience,.). He was closing up, but offered us his number in case we'd want to change the board after having tried it out, saying worst case he'd come from home to do it!!!
The next day, my boyfriend decided to get a lesson and returned to Amit (he'd gotten lessons in the past, but decided to get a refresher course). Smart move: Amit's a natural born teacher, teaching with passion, experience and lots of humor. In addition to his hands on technique for teaching (paddling out with you etc), he teaches how to read the waves, how to stay safe etc'. He adapts the lesson to every student's personality, proficiency and confidence level (my boyfriend saw him teaching other students as well), making sure that not only does the student improve as fast and consistently as possible, but he does so staying safe.
This is definitely your go to guy on anything surfing related in the area!!!!!!
Ps- he rents bike too.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This recent summer I spent 6 weeks of surfing in Santa Teresa, a tropical beach town on Costa Rica's beautiful Pacific Coast. My only goal there was to return to my home country with a memory of how it fell to catch a wave on my own, not just in the white water or a wave that would merely take you a meter forward. No, I am talking about real glassy waves. My experience was practically zero, apart from some white water surfing. So I knew I had to take classes with someone who could transmit his knowledge of surfing and put it into practice. After 6 weeks of surfing, I can easily conclude I couldn't have gone to any better place than Del Soul Surf School. Amit, a surfer from the day he was born, has given me the confidence, the tactics and the knowledge of the ocean to surf waves. He goes with you all the way, from standing on the beach watching the waves and explaining you their character until the amazing experience of returning to the shore with the sensation of having had 5 or 6 waves for the first time in your life! He will bring down your fear of the waves, make you feel at ease when you sit at the line up, and puts you at the right position so you can catch the wave easily, while making sure you you will be able to do this on your own. No need to worry if you can't catch a single wave. He has all the patience to take you there.

As he has a huge collection of different boards to rent, long boards, fun boards, short boards, fish boards, epoxy, fibreglass, all the accessories, whatever,... you have all the opportunities to surf according to your level. And it is fun, because you get to know all the cool stuff about surfing. He explains you everything about the difference between one board and the other.

Most of all: Amit, his amazing wife and adorable kids are those kind of people who make the world a better place. No problems there at Santa Teresa's Del Soul Surf School: enjoy life, preferably with a surf board:)

Pura Vida!!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The employees here are so nice! The guy in the shop was so helpful in letting us know about the surf, and picking out a board for my wife who is a beginner surfer. I'm sure the surf lessons are excellent, however, the surf boards are quite poor... make sure you check the board you rent FULLY, for any kind of flaw, or risk being screamed at by the owners wife! My 110lb wife accidentally cracked a board, was told it could be fixed, then later we were told it would cost $400 for a brand new board. She also said she was going to fix the broken board, and then rent it to another unsuspecting surfer, and the cycle continues... Just wanted to give you all a heads up to prevent this from happening to you.
The surf in Santa Teresa is unreal!

4  Thank Markus M
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Amit is an excellent instructor and hilarious as an added bonus. He is a surfing champion so he knows what to do but it takes a special person to be able to teach so well. My boyfriend surfed with him several times which was lucky considering how much in demand Amit is in the area. We certainly hope to see him again in the not so distant future