“Another Great Dinner!”
Review of al chile viola

al chile viola
Ranked #9 of 91 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Al chile viola offers a great collection of incredible italian dishes prepared carefully by our italian chef Emiliano and served by his wife Luz.
London, Canada
“Another Great Dinner!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was our second time for dinner (once in 2013) at al chile viola and we enjoyed it just as much as the first time! We had to wait a few minutes for a table but the bartender poured us a couple of beers in a fabulous glass and we were happy to hang out and wait. We didn't have a reservation so we weren't surprised.

The food was delicious and the service was very good. The atmosphere is lovely and we enjoyed a nice romantic evening!

Especially loved my spicy margarita!

• Visited February 2014

“All around good experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Food was tasty, we had the bull balls ravioli and the pork baby back ribs, they were both very tasty. We spent 5 days in santa Teresa and this was my second favorite place for dinner. Service was decent, typical Costa Rica service, friendly and accommodating.

• Visited March 2014
Costa Rica
“Delicious!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This has been a favorite restaurant of ours for years and years now - back when they were pretty much the only non-rice-and-bean option in town! Delicious Italian food - I can't get enough of the homemade pasta (yes, he makes it himself!). This is 1 of only 3 restaurants in town my husband will order beef, plus our kids also love the food. Try the cocktail with passionfruit and avocado, the Green Feather (?), it is phenomenal. Gorgeous ambiance as well, with amazing lighting and decor...a beautiful setting to spend an evening.

Visited December 2013
Babylon, New York
“Favorite Restaurant in Santa Teresa”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I cant believe this is my third time in Costa Rica and I never ate there until now!. I usually skip Italian places because I am Italian so I grew up on the food and coming from NY I can have great Italian whenever I want. I prefer to go for local cuisine when I am away. However, I wanted to try some new places so I gave this a shot. Best food ever. It tastes like food in straight from Italy - light, fresh flavors, fresh pasta sooooo good. Plus the ambiance was amazing - I love the decor so much. We wound up going here twice - we had to go on our last night as well and I was so happy we did!

• Visited February 2014
Santa Monica, California
“Another overpriced tourist trap”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I am Italian and after a few days in Costa Rica I was craving for a good plate of pasta. The Roman manager at my hotel highly recommended Al Chile Viola. I thought that a true Roman couldn't be wrong and headed down to this restaurant. After a few drinks and some nice appetizers served by a very attentive and friendly staff, my friend and I proceeded to order ravioli with pesto and tagliatelle with fresh tomato sauce. When the pastas arrived we were both appalled by the horrendous presentation and just how bad the pasta were. My tagliatelle were over cooked, all lumped together and the sauce had no taste at all. How difficult can it be to prepare a decent plate of pasta al pomodoro, evidently at AL Chile it's an impossible task. To make matters worse, at the time of the very expensive bill (this is Santa Teresa, not Madison Ave.), they refused to take my MasterCard, so I had to leave behind my driver's license and come back the next day with cash. If these pretentious places in the middle of nowhere want to really give a good service, they have to accept credit cards. Who wants to go out with cash? Do not recommend Al Chile Viola.

• Visited January 2014