“Favorite Restaurant in Santa Teresa”
Review of al chile viola

al chile viola
Ranked #9 of 91 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Al chile viola offers a great collection of incredible italian dishes prepared carefully by our italian chef Emiliano and served by his wife Luz.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I cant believe this is my third time in Costa Rica and I never ate there until now!. I usually skip Italian places because I am Italian so I grew up on the food and coming from NY I can have great Italian whenever I want. I prefer to go for local cuisine when I am away. However, I wanted to try some new places so I gave this a shot. Best food ever. It tastes like food in straight from Italy - light, fresh flavors, fresh pasta sooooo good. Plus the ambiance was amazing - I love the decor so much. We wound up going here twice - we had to go on our last night as well and I was so happy we did!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I am Italian and after a few days in Costa Rica I was craving for a good plate of pasta. The Roman manager at my hotel highly recommended Al Chile Viola. I thought that a true Roman couldn't be wrong and headed down to this restaurant. After a few drinks and some nice appetizers served by a very attentive and friendly staff, my friend and I proceeded to order ravioli with pesto and tagliatelle with fresh tomato sauce. When the pastas arrived we were both appalled by the horrendous presentation and just how bad the pasta were. My tagliatelle were over cooked, all lumped together and the sauce had no taste at all. How difficult can it be to prepare a decent plate of pasta al pomodoro, evidently at AL Chile it's an impossible task. To make matters worse, at the time of the very expensive bill (this is Santa Teresa, not Madison Ave.), they refused to take my MasterCard, so I had to leave behind my driver's license and come back the next day with cash. If these pretentious places in the middle of nowhere want to really give a good service, they have to accept credit cards. Who wants to go out with cash? Do not recommend Al Chile Viola.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Wow, we loved this place so much we went twice in the same week! The food is just fantastic, cooked beautifully with fresh, good quality ingredients. The restaurant also offers cocktails that are creative and fabulous (and very big!). And finally, the service was impeccable, the staff have been so friendly and accomodating. Luz and Emiliano have been fantastic.

all this in a lovely candle-lit surrounding with great music.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is hands down one of the top 3 restaurants in Santa Teresa. Great service, cool ambiance, and a nice location on the quieter north end of town.
The cocktails are awesome, and the staff clearly makes an above average effort (miles above the ST average) to please customers and provide a good dining experience. I will keep coming back here!
Everything on the menu is good, the steaks and the mahi-mahi dishes are great options.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stopped by here on a whim while staying in he northern part of Santa Teresa, the seafood was done very well, the service was very attentive, and the deserts were excellent. This place is on the north end of the town, away from most of the noise of motorcycles and quads zipping along the road that you get in many of the places further south. I definitely plan on stopping by here on my next trip to the area!